Powerlifting Ain't a Strength Tester

Oh so you have never forgotten something or mistaken something. Maybe im just average and ur on a godly level of intelligence that you never ever get confused or forget. Every single one of your comments shows retardness and a bad superiority complex. I may be the real kid here,but ur the one behaving like one.

I know you are but what am I?

2 Likes

Would you go as far to say that you’re rubber? Perhaps the OP is glue?

4 Likes

BUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!

lol

4 Likes

This would be the perfect end to this thread lol

2 Likes

too%20old

1 Like

hold on just one minute
SSB is the opposite of cheating. It is to squatting what a deficit is to deadlifting.

We’re talking about the same people talking about the “original spirit of powerlifting”. I don’t think it’s cheating at all, but you know somebody’s gonna complain about “He only SSB squats that much because he doesn’t need the same shoulder mobility on a barbell”

gotcha.

We squat with an SSB every week after deadlift and it always makes me sad how hard it is.

I already suck at squatting, it’s that much harder huh?

The internet judges have concluded that you are lying.

I think the SSB is ‘harder’ if you have spent more time back squatting than front squatting. The mechanics of it feel much more like a front squat than a back squat, and most powerlifters are using the SSB for accessory work, rather than their main heavy work. That also explains why, say, 400 lbs on the SSB would be much more difficult than it would with the bar on your back. Most people front squat less than they back squat. I love the SSB, that’s all I’ve been using recently.

2 Likes

I also think doing any type of squats after deadlifting is hard as hell!

yep
it can be

1 Like

Yeah. We use them as a deadlift accessory.

1 Like

I’m around 75 lbs weaker on SSB than regular back squat. SSB makes me fold over coming out of the hole at my max even though I still have lots of leg drive

For sure. First time I tried a SSB squat I worked up to a max that was over 150lb short of my back squat max! Hit the abs like crazy too.

1 Like

I considered not posting but couldn’t resist.

This whole “sumo is cheating”, arching is cheating, movement is nothing but WEAK pussies who don’t have the balls to lift big and eat big looking for ways to build themselves up by crapping on the achievements of others.

If you don’t like a feds rules - change feds or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Bottom line - do the BEST you can with whatever structure you have.
Stop whining like little crybabies

2 Likes

Should this count ? Looks like he is arching + his chest is kind of thick

Shouldn’t count.

Not because of the shirt, the questionable chest touch or pause length but because he didn’t press it, the bar was running away from that crazy bastard in fear of it’s life.