Powerlifter's Cancer Recovery

It is a vtx1800. My 1st riding season is now over. I really want to take it to the gym. It’s 16 or 20 miles to the gym depending on which one I go to. I’ll order those straps so they are ready to go in the spring. Thanks.

2 Likes

This is my first street bike also.All the YouTube reviews said that it should not be a first bike. So I figured it would be a fun ride.

2 Likes

Hondas are great first bikes! Just dead reliable, never had any issues, honestly put all my Harley’s to shame on that aspect. (Which is why I will probably never get another Harley, but that’s another story).

It’s a little big for a beginner, but if you get comfortable on that, you can handle pretty much anything.

2 Likes

11/10/2022
BW 276.6
DL
Worked up to
495 x 1
Lower back is stiff from Monday’s squats, went light on RDL
225 x 5 x 5
Dmbl rows
150 x 10
Lat pull down
250 x 8 x 4
Face pull low cable
100 x 8 x 3
Cable curls
110 x 10 x 3

10 Likes

Guys who race motorcycles professionally say they most fear highway riding with oncoming traffic. (Their races are in same direction at lots of miles per hour)

If this is your first street bike, look out for slight wheel movement on “stopped” cars waiting to enter highway. Will help avoid “T boning”.

Also, no matter how much you lift you are not unbreakable. On ride home from gym a really strong friend in terrific shape he crashed into a car backing out of a parking space. Mucho broken bones; took about a year for him to walk unassisted.

2 Likes

That is a sad story. Most of my riding has been on country roads. I appreciate the information. I did take the Harley Davidson riding academy earlier this year because I know I’m a novice.

4 Likes

I learned an awful lot when I took that course about 15 years ago.

1 Like

One rack pull from a deficit

11 Likes

Weight?

I don’t know the weight but I’m pretty sure it’s a whitetail PR. Yesterday was the first day my fit bit said I burned over 5,000 calories. The only strenuous thing I did was deal with that buck after I shot him.

5 Likes

How many do you have mounted?

WOW!! That’s a big boy! The beams are thick! Congrats!

3 Likes

Thanks, he was with a large herd of does when I shot him so I’m sure he has passed on those genes.

2 Likes

I don’t have any mounts. My wife would not allow it. My son thinks we should do some kind of mount for this one. My fiancé is OK with some mounts in a man cave. I can see a man cave in my future.

4 Likes

I got a nice 10 pointer a few years ago and my wife wasn’t into doing a full mount, ended up doing a Euro mount, just the skull and antlers, turned out really nice, isn’t so in your face.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of the European mounts, think it’s easier to make it look “classy” and thus limit the redneck vibes that my wife won’t entertain lol. The price I pay for marrying a suburban gal

3 Likes

Least ways he went out happy. :grin:

2 Likes

Damn, nice buck.

1 Like

11/15/2022
Went to the gym with my fiancé. She is happy she can bench with her finger situation. I need to do more arm work so she doesn’t show me up so much.
Deload
Bench
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5
Deload squat
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
Suitcase DL
135 x 6 x 3
Leg extensions
2pl x 10 x 4
Kneeling leg curls ( should be doing these more often)
1pl x 10 x 4
Incline sit up
15 x 3
Roman chair
10 x 3
Ab wheel
8 x 2
Tricep extension cable
? X 10 x 3
@atlas13 @dday , we are taking your advice and going with the euro mount.

10 Likes

Awesome! Make sure you throw up some pics once you get it hanging, gotta show off for us.

1 Like