Powerlifters Are FAT?

oh man…I thought you meant “phat”! If so, then I agree.

Otherwise, pardon you.

later, Dave

Saying powerlifters are fat is like saying bodybuilders are weak.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Saying powerlifters are fat is like saying bodybuilders are weak.[/quote]

But a good portion of powerlifters are significantly heavier than the general population. I’m not saying this is good, bad, or necessary, just telling it as it is. Bodybuilders are weak compared to other high-level strength athletes, but are significantly stronger than almost everyone they pass on the street.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Sometimes they are fat, sometimes not. But who really cares what others think. I’ve powerlifted and I never cared.

Yup.

We can end this post pretty quickly, actually. Here it goes.

WOW Moonjumper, you are a really amazing guy!!!

I REALLLLY admire the fact that you took time out of your’s and everyone else’s day to relate a story that can do nothing but convince us all (and yourself!!!) that you are a powerlifter who looks like a bodybuilder.

On the internet this is really hard to judge so I am glad this came up.

You are a rare breed, indeed.

I am really sorry that you have to carry this burden around. The fact that you are so powerful yet look so much better than others that it causes you grief in social settings is appalling.

It almost brought me to tears.

When I meditate tomorrow morning I will also spend some time praying that God delivers you from this torment.

[/quote]

Best.Post.

Stupid.Thread.

Isn’t this pretty simple? Same with Olympic lifting. Whenever the media does cover these sports, they cover the supers because they lift the most weight. Guys like Pyrros Dimas are ignored in favor of andrei chemerkin.

But, honestly, who gives a fuck?

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Sometimes they are fat, sometimes not. But who really cares what others think. I’ve powerlifted and I never cared.

Yup.

I REALLLLY admire the fact that you took time out of your’s and everyone else’s day to relate a story that can do nothing but convince us all (and yourself!!!) that you are a powerlifter who looks like a bodybuilder.

I am really sorry that you have to carry this burden around. The fact that you are so powerful yet look so much better than others that it causes you grief in social settings is appalling.

When I meditate tomorrow morning I will also spend some time praying that God delivers you from this torment.

[/quote]

Hahaha, incredible answer… :smiley:

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Yup.

[/quote]

Quoted again!

The PL that are massive are the supers just like in OL.

The guys in all but the heaviest 2 weight classes ae most often RIPPED.

Koing

A wise man said… “If I’m gonna be fat, might as well be fat and strong.”

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Yup.

[/quote]

I’m gonna join the quoting train. I’ve been told when writing an essay that if someone has said what you want to say better than you can articulate the point yourself, to quote them. I believe this is quotable material.

Boy oh boy. The problems some people have.

I’m glad that people don’t even know that I lift.

The burdens are just too much.

Dude, people who DO want to get in shape and get strong won’t listen to your advice! It is frikkin’ rare to meet someone who is willing to listen to and follow good advice, even rarer to find someone who actually seeks it out, and when their existing beliefs are challenged, willing to try out something new.

All you need is a picture of a powerlifter when they were fat and after when they cut up and carry it in your wallet and show people. Have an excuse why you have it in your wallet (some guy gave me this in the gym the other day).

Tell them how the powerlifter used to be a bit lazy and eat too much junk etc… and was real fat but then cleaned up their diet and lost the fat. You can indirectly have a go at the fatties by going on and on about how the powerlifter was a lazy SOB eating all sorts of crud.