Powerlifter Turning bodybuilder

[quote]pure_country wrote:
hey guys just for reference this is a pic of me 5yrs ago before i started training i was around 115-125lbs here!!! [/quote]

Damn, so much respect.

hey guys just for reference this is a pic of me 5yrs ago before i started training i was around 115-125lbs here!!! [/quote]
damn … I wish I had amazing transformation photos I was bigger than that when I was 13. mucho respect :slight_smile:

Thanks so much guys, just love this and I refuse to be out worked in the gym or outside, I do not cut corners I have a goal to be a monster and nothing will stop that! Thank you guys so much

what has your diet been like so far? have you done any cutting cycles in the past, or maintained for awhile, or has it just been a straight bulk to your current shape?

very impressive transformation and your waist still looks pretty small haha

@ thogue hey bro my diet for 5yrs has been any and everything I could eat to put on weight. I wouldn’t advise this for anyone but I seem to stay fairly lean while eating shitty, I mean at one point I was drinking 2 cans of dr pepper at every meal lol I threw up so many times force feeding and stretched my stomach so bad I now live with acid reflux!! Im just now starting a cutting phase and mentally it’s killing me, feeling skinny and small, but bro honestly I hate junk food, all I really like to eat Is meat and veggies, it’s not been much of a change for me to start eating clean and cutting up! Thanks for the kind words

Great job dude, first of all - please keep posting here.

Before this all continues, I have to know though… are those Zubaz in your profile pic? If so, fuck yeah.

Congratulations on deciding to give bodybuilding a shot! Awesome back, arms, quads and shoulders! Definitely can’t wait to see how you look when you get leaned out!

Impressed.

Cut may be hella easy for you. Five year filthy bulk and nowhere close to fat.

Your attitude is just fucking right too. wwhat are your short and long term goals for this. You mentioned single digit bf as short term goal… you looking to compete long term?

Awesome job man, pretty inspirational transformation. Good luck with your cutting, look forward to seeing the results

Amazing transformation! I’m definitely looking forward to following this thread.

Hey thank you guys so much!! I really appreciate it, I’m just an average dude who’s too fucking stupid to quit lol those pants in my profile pic were my ex gf I put EM on acting stupid haha that was prob 2yrs ago, as for short term goals I wanna get to single digit bodyfat and bring up weak points. This may be a LONG SHOT, but my long term goals are to compete in bodybuilding and turn pro, I’d like to do raw meets in the off season as well!! I really appreciate each and every one of your compliments and criticisms, I’ve been dieting prob 3-4 weeks and already seeing crazy changes, doing cardio just this week and showing quad veins, delt veins, tricep veins, lat vein, even one where my ABS SHOULD BE! they’re not showing through well yet, I’ve nvr directly trained them though I’ll try to throw up a quad pic from today, you can kinda see the veins but now too great, thank you Guys so much!!!

@ hallowed do you compete? You are very pretty and look great!

@ johnman18 you look swole bro!! you compete?

veins were a lot clearer looking in the mirror, damn camera :frowning: got another one coming too!

veins!

@ hallowed do you compete? You are very pretty and look great![/quote]

OMG no but thank you.
Will finish cutting sometime this summer… see what my coach wants to do over winter maybe bulking maybe some specialization… next Spring will be the time to assess with my coach see if I ever want to get on stage. Something amateur something for fun could be possible. I just love lifting… and love looking good.

@ Hallowed you look great no bs, keep training and kicking ass if I can help in anyway possible hit me up, any of you guys feel free to add me on Facebook PM me and I’ll give you my name I’m on there a lot more if anyone wants to talk or give advice etc, thanks guys

I know this is bodybuilding related so everyone else forgive me but mind me asking for a brief summary of how you trained when you were powerlifting?

Looking very, very good. I will definitely be following your progress here.

@ parsley I trained at a private gym called guerrilla squad barbell look us up on YouTube, freaks, we used westside methods, two of our members are now AT WESTSIDE and kicking ass, Brandon Lilly and Jake Anderson, Jake squats around 1100, benches 800+ and pulls 865, we also had the best raw 242 lifter in the world Adam “hulk” hires freak, totals 2,000+ raw, along with other great lifters like Corey Hayes, matt sutton, Kyle jones, chris Slone, Robbie burns, Keith parke, John Webb, I actually trained at westside a few times. We had max effort lower day, max eff upper, speed lower speed upper, everything we did, EVERYTHING, was to improve our squat, bench or deadlift, we picked a main movement worked up to a Max single then trained accessory movements to strengthen weak points in those lifts, so for me a typical day of squatting would be, straight bar box squats against 200lbs chain and green bands, work up to a single, then Olympic squats, reverse hyper, glute ham raises, 45 degree hypers, and abs, hope that helps bro!