T Nation

Powerlifter: Critique My Diet!

Hi. Can you all please critique my diet? Here's some basic information about me. I started lifting weighs in the summer of 06, weighing in at approximately 70-75kg / 150ish lbs. Today, two and a half years later, I weigh 110kg/240. Though I trained at a commercial gym before I now train at a powerlifting gym and compete in powerlifting.

My best competition lifts are a
225kg squat
a 170kg bench press and
a 210kg deadlift.

My best gym lifts (which portray a my strength levels better) are a 170kg x 5 squat, a 140kg x 2 bench press and a 180kg x 8 deadlift. My training goals are to increase my strength levels and gain some muscle mass while doing so. I also added a picture to the post so you can get a basic idea of what I look like.

I'm not looking to do any drastic changes with this diet. It's just to maintain or possibly gain a little weight very slowly and steadily.

Meal 1 7:30
150g oatmeal
1-2 bananas
4dl / 2 cups of milk
100 raisins

Stats: 1070kcal, 15g fat, 208g carbs, 41g protein
Comments: This meal is a carbohydrate bomb. I like it a lot. It's the biggest meal of the day too. But I think maybe I should make it smaller, and add some more protein? Does anyone have any good breakfast suggestions that are easy to make?

Meal 1 11:00
300g cottage cheese
160g low fat yogurt

Stats: 413kcal, 13g fat, 26g carbs, 48 protein
Comments: Lots of protein. I love this meal so much I eat it twice per day.

Meal 3 12:30 (protein shake)
4dl / 2 cups of milk
1 tablespoon of flax seed
1 tablespoon of ground almonds
3 scoops of whey protein

Stats: 705kcal, 27g fat, 30g carbs, 87g protein
Comments: Here is my protein shake with some fat/carbs in it too. What do you think?

Meal 4 14:00(protein shake)
See meal 3

Stats: 705kcal, 27g fat, 30g carbs, 87g protein
Comments: Another protein shake.. Too much with two of these in a row? Maybe. They're very practical to bring with me to school though.

-School ends-

Meal 5 16:30
4 slices of bread
6 eggs
50g salmon

Stats: 723kcal, 32g fat, 55g carbs, 51 g protein
Comments: I don't eat this every single day. But it's a convinient meal to cook, so I often end up eating this or some protein-rich dinner. Chicken, fish, vegetables, etc.

Meal 6 20:00
Stats: N/A
Comments: This is my post-workout meal. It varies quite a bit. Sometimes I'll just eat oatmeal. Sometimes it's dinner. Usually some good food though.

Meal 7 22:00
300g cottage cheese
160g low fat yogurt
Omega 3 supplement
ZMA supplement

Stats: 413kcal, 13g fat, 26g carbs, 48 protein
Comments: Same meal as my second one.

Though the day I usually snack on vegetables and fruits too. Although I'll be honest and say that I don't eat a whole lot of fruits and veggies. Perhaps 3-4 fruits and 1-2 veggies (excluding dinner) every day.

And then it's off to bed.

Not counting meal 6 this amounts to approximately:
127g fat
374g carbs
362g protein

My thoughts:
I'm thinking I should downsize my breakfast a litte and get in some more protein. Then I could drink a shake at 09:30, eat cottage cheese at 11:00 and then drink my second shake at 13:00. Some questions for you are: too big/too much carbs for breakfast? Too long gap between meal 1 and meal 2? Should I distribute my protein shakes more equally over the course of the day? Is my food variety too small? Too few veggies/fruits? Any criticism is welcome.

Pardon any spelling mistakes or general English mistakes. English is not my first language.