Powerfull Image?!?!! 8/26/05

[quote]michelle69 wrote:
This led to us taking a similar picture of me w/out the shoes(they are in my locker at work). I have only been diligently working out for six weeks and would love to hear some comments regarding the issue.[/quote]

deanosumo, I think it might be more like 20 degrees :wink:

Thanks for agreeing with me, Michelle. And here are my critical comments. I usually charge for this sort of thing, but seeing as weā€™re on T-Nation Iā€™ll do it for free.

Direct comparison is difficult due to the discrepancy in posing angle pointed out by deanosumo, but most noticeably by your lack of a 60,000W light source. From what I can see, where you to have the shadows created by this light, you would look much more athletic than the powerful image model, despite being a gym newbie. This can only mean you have great potential, good luck tapping it! On to the details:

1. Calves. Congratulations Michelle, because you actually have some (do you wear high heels a lot?) They are visible in both legs, despite the light, and are proportional to your thigh size.

2. Triceps. Hmmmā€¦ I think I can make out some tricep development, but the lighting is just not right.

3. Quads. I can see your vastus lateralis, so Iā€™d say thereā€™s potential for growth. Keep up the squats! (And if youā€™re not doing them, do.)

4. Forearms. This was me being a bit picky really :slight_smile: I donā€™t think girls can develop massive forearms.

5. Deltoids. Again, bad lighting, but it seems like we might be able to make out the separation between the lateral and rear delts. Nice!

6. The arse. Errā€¦ Itā€™s round! I donā€™t know what I can say here without offending both your fiance and my fiancee. Can you crack a nut open with it?

You have a good base to work from, Michelle, so keep at it and youā€™ll be the envy of all the pseudo-powerful image girls.

Is your fiance a T-Nationer too? I think you should now take a pic of him in the above position. See how he compares to the powerful image girl. :slight_smile:

From a photography point of view a wide angle lense (not a comment on the subject ;)) and taking the photo from a lower angle would enhance all things round

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I guess Iā€™ll have to be the first to say this, as nobody seems to dare:

1. She has no calf development. I mean, look at them, they barely curve from the back of the knee to the ankles.

2. Insufficient tricep development. There seems to be a teeny, weeny little bit of shadow there, maybe, maybe marking the coveted horseshoe. I think itā€™s just the lighting though.

3. No quads! Is there anything sexier than that line that runs down the side of the thigh created by a strong vastus lateralis bursting under the ITB? I think not.

4. Pathetic forearms. She has definitely not done any fat-bar work lately; I would soon put an end to that (make what you will of this last statement).

5. Missing deltoids. Can she even raise her arm laterally? Maybe thatā€™s why she has that pose. Even when I zoom in the photo I cannot make out the three heads of the deltoid. A powerful image without deltoids? Pleaseā€¦

6. The arse. Whatā€™s wrong with it? You ask. Well, the photographer has been very sneaky with the illumination heā€™s used. Itā€™s the old trick of ā€œIā€™ll shine 60,000W of light on her arse, get her to lick her lips and maybe nobody will realise what a thin-fat person she is.ā€ Iā€™ve seen it all before. Yeah, bend over a bit, shine the light, what a bum, yay. Guys, her bum is round. Guess what, everyoneā€™s bum is round! But what I want to know is: is it hard? Is it 220lb-deadlift hard? Is it 5x5x160lb-reverse-hypers hard? Will it crush a nut when she clenches it? Those are the questions we should be asking, gentlemen, as therein lies the merit of a worthy arse.

Nice hair though. Probably would look nice braided, too.[/quote]

Is this to say youā€™d kick her out of bed, for any, or all of the above reasons? I wouldnā€™t.

[quote]alphuris wrote:
Is this to say youā€™d kick her out of bed, for any, or all of the above reasons? I wouldnā€™t.[/quote]

If you had my girlfriend you would!