T Nation

Powerful Images

Holy crap… he looks like the Pillsbury dough boy. It’s a powerful image alright… powerful and weird…

JMB

ha ha when I saw that I laughed. It just doesn’t look right.

When I first saw that I thought “this must be photoshopped.” Then I thought some more and realized that yes, professional bodybuilders are this fucked up.

I’m also assuming this is the result of one of Lee’s patented “Krispy Kreme bulking” phases.

Kinda looks like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters.

Wow… I guess I thought this would be torn to shreds more based on past threads and posts I’ve seen up here. Is it safe to say you guys think that is a desirable goal? I personally think TC and the boys have lost it with that one. Or maybe they just had a lapse in judgment?

Well it’s weird because there are a lot better pictures of Priest out there that they could have chosen, and while they all might look somewhat ‘unnatural,’ they don’t all look laughable.

JMB

he looks like if i poked him with a needle he’d pop and cream-filling would ooze out.

Mr. Krispy-Kreme 1998

Seminar Topics Included:
1.How to slurp crisco through a garden hose.
2. How to preserve your testicles once they are no longer with you.
3.Mating rituals of the Kodiak.(being demonstrated in pic.)
4. Advanced wiping techniques cause you can’t reach your bum.
5. Advanced fry-daddy:“pastries and potatoes”
Culminating in a week-ending bonus topic "How To Rub Down Your Buddy With Posing Oil And Not Look Like A Total Fag!"

What? Y’all don’t think that he’s shredded and bad-ass as hell?

[snicker]

Honestly, I think that the T-team put this picture up to help us visualize an ideal physique in top condition…

Maybe he’s been lifting with Greg V…

Why are you guys hating?? He’s not any fatter than most powerlifters with ALLOT more muscle. I’m not saying I like this look but if you were watching Wolds strongest man comp on ESPN and this guy was dominating I think the tone on how he looked would be very different. Don’t tell me that any top level Powerlifter or Strongman are not super freaky looking, Yes I know they are very functional as well but the topic of the day is how freaky Lee Looks.

Between the way Lee Priest, and Chad Waterbury look in some of their photos - I’m not so sure this BB thing is all it’s cracked up to be.

They say that you’ll look better and feel better, but geez - look at hese guys. Is that what real t-men look like? Especially those that are supposed to know what they’re doing?

at least hes still somewhat proportional - damn fat goes straight to my face :frowning:

[quote]Fuquad wrote:
Wow… I guess I thought this would be torn to shreds more based on past threads and posts I’ve seen up here. Is it safe to say you guys think that is a desirable goal? I personally think TC and the boys have lost it with that one. Or maybe they just had a lapse in judgment?[/quote]

I posted this pic in the HOPES of creating a shitstorm. Someone’s got to poke you guys with a stick once in awhile!

Besides, whoever said the “Powerful Images” section was supposed to portray just role models? It’s just supposed to feature powerful images, whether they be powerfully inspirational, powerfully erotic, powerfully amusing, or powerfully interesting.

Or in this case, cringemakingly embarassing.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Between the way Lee Priest, and Chad Waterbury look in some of their photos - I’m not so sure this BB thing is all it’s cracked up to be.

They say that you’ll look better and feel better, but geez - look at hese guys. Is that what real t-men look like? Especially those that are supposed to know what they’re doing?[/quote]

Here’s a shot of Waterbury from 3 or 4 years ago. Now, you’ve posted your pics too. You’ve made good progress, but I don’t think you have any right to criticise Chad. You WISH you had his physique! And for the record, so do I!

T.C. is right guys, all that socio-political-religious stuff on the other threads can be a bit of a downer. This is a powerfull image. I have been laughing my ass off every time I look at it. Thats not easy to get me to do. How about some humor? Like…

In a recent merger that shocked the business world, Michelin Tires joined forces with Balco Labs. Their new ad campaign will feature THE MICHELIN MONSTER.When asked for comment, Balcos’ official response was “IT’S ALIVE!!!”

I know someone can do better than that.

[quote]Dave2 wrote:
Here’s a shot of Waterbury from 3 or 4 years ago. Now, you’ve posted your pics too. You’ve made good progress, but I don’t think you have any right to criticise Chad. You WISH you had his physique! And for the record, so do I! [/quote]

I was being totally sarcastic!!! Read through some of my posts - especially the one in the ‘Chad Waterbury’ thread.

I do WISH I had CW’s physique - and on some wierd level, Priest’s as well.