Powerful Image Scott Wilson

WOW !!! Awesome.

Yep.

[quote]mike59 wrote:
WOW !!! Awesome.[/quote]

Agreed, I googled his name and found some pics on a classic bodybuilding pic site. I know people get tired of hearing it, but those dudes from that era had bad ass physiques to me much preferable to aspire to look like then our modern Olympia crop. Darrem Charles and our own Stan Mcquay are exceptions in my book.

D

His arms look unreal.

This guy was mentioned in Darden’s WIDER Shoulders thread a few months back. He’s the one with the 24-inch shoulders — and he’s only about 5’7" or 5’8" tall.

His freakin’ forearms look as big as his waist. Cripes.

/starts doing wrist curls with desktop stapler

Me likey!

It’s really just “Anchor Arms” and shrink-wrap.

DB

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
mike59 wrote:
WOW !!! Awesome.

Agreed, I googled his name and found some pics on a classic bodybuilding pic site. I know people get tired of hearing it, but those dudes from that era had bad ass physiques to me much preferable to aspire to look like then our modern Olympia crop. Darrem Charles and our own Stan Mcquay are exceptions in my book.

D [/quote]

I agree. The guys from the late-60’s and 70’s were bad ass. Guys look too bloated today. I think Stan has that “old school” look in some ways, as did Shawn Ray when he competed.

Guys like Wilson weren’t given their proper due in my opinion. Another very impressive physique but sort of under the radar belonged to Jusup Wilkoscz. That level of development I find to be ideal.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

DB[/quote]

My daughters aways tel me I should get anchor arms so I don’t have to lift weights.

Very impressive! Ridiculous proportions. The kind of body I aspire to. Who wants 20+ inch arms if it comes with a 40 inch waist?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

My daughters aways tel me I should get anchor arms so I don’t have to lift weights.[/quote]

You should. Then you could change your name to MuscleBob BuffPants.

Is it wrong that I know that and I don’t have kids? haha

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

My daughters aways tel me I should get anchor arms so I don’t have to lift weights.[/quote]

Do they want them veiny or hairy?

Its almost impossible that isn’t a photoshop.

The depth is like 3" or less according to that.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
Its almost impossible that isn’t a photoshop.

The depth is like 3" or less according to that.[/quote]

He’s turned sideways. Anyone will make their waist look smaller if they turn sideways like that. You aren’t looking at the guy straight on.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
He’s turned sideways. Anyone will make their waist look smaller if they turn sideways like that. You aren’t looking at the guy straight on.[/quote]

Exactly. He’s actually a bit “wide-waisted” from the front. No oblique overdevelopment or anything, just a wide pelvis.

That and his legs often hurt him in the symmetry round and stopped him from placing very high in Pro-Level BB Contests.

He’s still one of my favs though.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

My daughters aways tel me I should get anchor arms so I don’t have to lift weights.

Do they want them veiny or hairy?[/quote]

They are ladies so they like them hairy.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Yea, I prefer the look of the guys from the late 60’s and early 70’s to the bloated physiques of today. If you took a poll I think that most would agree. [/quote]

Ditto. Arnold, Draper, Franco, Zane, Ferigno. I would even go into the mid-80s and include Labrada, Paris, Gaspari and others that I know I’m leaving out. It didn’t really get crazy until the 90s.

DB