Powerful Image-Not All Too Motivating

I don’t know if I am the only one here who feels this way, but the current powerful image is not all to motivating to me. I realize it is called powerful images and not motivating images, nonetheless, It still doesn’t work for me.
For the most part, I cannot relate to it. The muscle size (whomever it is) is too freakish, even with hard training and all the drugs in the world, I could never achieve that look. Even if I had the genetics to be that big, I doubt I would ever have the fortitude and desire, to put the work and effort needed for gains like that.
Don’t get me wrong in that it is not that I don’t like the powerful images section, it is just that for some of the above mentioned reasons, ones like this don’t do it for me.

Mike,
Definately as case of human differances. I believe that the legs belong to Tom Platz, who basically redefined quad development back in the late 70’s - early 80’s. I agree with you that differant “powerful images” are more or less appealing, motivating, etc but it goes with the territory. I like this one, probably because it reminds me of when I was a “little” younger. More than anything, I really value the way T-Nation responded to the requests on the powerfull images. The team at T-nation really are the real deal. As an aside, Tom Platz was not just show. He had pretty phenomenal flexibility and mind-blowing squat numbers.

old dogg

Yeah i agree. Platz was a badass. He ttrained like a freaking madman especially when it came to legs.

there is a video on the web, where platz is squatting 505 for 23 full reps, high bar style! Think about how much harder it is to push the same weight with a high bar squat, it is pretty amazing. however, I thought those legs belonged to eddie robbinson, but I could be wrong, I don’t know bodybuilding all that well.

Maybe the guys at T-Nation will let us know who those legs belong to?
old dogg

I thought it was Lee Priest?? I wonder who it is also?

[quote]old_dogg wrote:
Maybe the guys at T-Nation will let us know who those legs belong to?
old dogg[/quote]

A bloke by the name of D. Yates.

TC.
Thanks. The “Shadow” had plenty of go with his show as well.

DORIAN YATES IS IN THE MOST BIZARRE PHOTO I HAVE EVER SEEN! I think I remember a similar photo shoot in flex magazine. yates does a famous lower body only photo to show off his quads and lower legs. the bizarre thing that I remember about that photo is that yates’s toes, particularly his big toe, are like 5 times longer than normal. his big toe looked like long dong silver’s dong! I took the picture of yates to my college anantomy professor to show to him as a joke and he commented “guy must be on a lot of growth hormone”. I still to this day wonder if my professor was correct. I wonder if hgh really could make your toes grow. If it wasn’t so freakish looking, I don’t think it would have been so funny.