Powercleaning Article

Here is an article from my old highschool football team. http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_story_201232644.html?keyword=topstory

Here is a link to pics of their weightroom: http://www.valdostafootball.com/weightroom.asp

So what…

That is the nicest HS weight room I have ever seen.

You guys have it made. I have never had access to a weights room like that and unless i move country, i never will.

[quote]supermick wrote:
You guys have it made. I have never had access to a weights room like that and unless i move country, i never will.[/quote]

Dude, unless you plan on playing at that high school or a division 1-A school in the south, you’re NEVER going to see a weight room lie that. I know I won’t.

Damn, they’re not messing around in there. That would be pretty damn sweet to train in there.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
supermick wrote:
You guys have it made. I have never had access to a weights room like that and unless i move country, i never will.

Dude, unless you plan on playing at that high school or a division 1-A school in the south, you’re NEVER going to see a weight room lie that. I know I won’t.

Damn, they’re not messing around in there. That would be pretty damn sweet to train in there.[/quote]

Im sure we use different terminologies in the UK but they are schools? Not universities?
Jesus!

[quote]carthagebaseball wrote:
So what…[/quote]

Exactly. And you know what sucks about a weight room/program like that? 75% of those kids will not play football in college or play for division 2 or division 3 schools that will pale in the comparison to their high school.

damn that is a nice weight room. my highschool weightroom has 1 power rack and a whole bunch of gay machines, and it is considered to be “excellent”.

i still cant get over how 58 kids on the team powercleaned 225. In my high school there was 2 that I knew on the football team. Their strength coach deserves the nobel prize.

We start lifting weights in the seventh grade. Powerclean, benchpress, and squat are the lifts we focus on the most. My junior year we started learning how to snatch and clean. I think powerclean is very important for developing explosiveness that is need for football players. High School football is very popular in South Ga. Anyone on here from ga or fl?

[quote]supermick wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
supermick wrote:
You guys have it made. I have never had access to a weights room like that and unless i move country, i never will.

Dude, unless you plan on playing at that high school or a division 1-A school in the south, you’re NEVER going to see a weight room lie that. I know I won’t.

Damn, they’re not messing around in there. That would be pretty damn sweet to train in there.

Im sure we use different terminologies in the UK but they are schools? Not universities?
Jesus![/quote]

Well this example isn’t a University, but I was referring to the top Football universities.

Any money left for books?

[quote]SouthGABoy wrote:
Anyone on here from ga or fl? [/quote]

yea, parkview '00-'03

yea, parkview '00-'03[/quote]

Did you play football there? I played for Valdosta '95-'98.

THAT is a high school weight room? omg…

[quote]mikeron wrote:
Any money left for books?[/quote]

No joke.

Our educational priorities are fucked up in this country.

To the OP, when I read your screen name quickly I don’t think it is quite what you want it to say.

[quote]SouthGABoy wrote:
Anyone on here from ga or fl? [/quote]

I’m going to be a senior at parkview this year, we’re ranked number 7 in the country and we dont even have a weight room like that.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
To the OP, when I read your screen name quickly I don’t think it is quite what you want it to say.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t think he wants to project that he’s from South Gaboy. Rough town.

Before you guys go bashing the weight room, realize that half of the alumi donations probably come from ex football players, and that in the south football is a big moneymaker for a lot of schools. I don’t think this incredible weight room took away from the math book budget.

-Dan

By the way, the clean record for parkview is 375lbs.