Powerbuilding

Growing muscle by increasing weight
or
hybrid training of powerlifting and bodybuilding or what is it?

What would workouts look like in your opinion?

How would you base them and do you have any experience about it?

Also it would be great if someone has books about powerbuilding or programs,maybe we could exchange it because I have Metroflex powerbuilding in pdf.

[quote]Dorian12345 wrote:
or
hybrid training of powerlifting and bodybuilding or what is it?

What would workouts look like in your opinion?

How would you base them and do you have any experience about it?

Also it would be great if someone has books about powerbuilding or programs,maybe we could exchange it because I have Metroflex powerbuilding in pdf.
[/quote]

You’re asking what workouts look like when you have an entire book on powerbuilding.

[quote]Dorian12345 wrote:
or… ?

[/quote]

An aim in every program is to increase weight.

You really should read books on Powerbuilding, like the Metroflex one or something…there are tons of routines.

Also, I know my personal experience really shouldn’t mean much to you… but I basically did “powerbuilding” for over a year. It was great, I got up to a 3 plate bench, ~4 plate squat and got very strong; but the size gains I got were nothing comparable to the short time before that I did bodybuilding.

A lot of the experts always say " Pick what you want to do. Bodybuild or Powerlift and stick with it for the best results ".

Honestly, this was proven to be true to me, despite how I didn’t believe it at first.

If you Bodybuild, you will gain strength slower, but gain size faster.
If you Powerlift, you will gain strength fast, but gain size slow.
If you powerbuild, you will get more strength than size, but you would probably have gained strength faster on a PL routine, and you would have gained more size on a BB routine.

People can argue and say this is b/s, but there is TONS of anecdotal evidence and proof out there; lots of experts in the industry agree.

With that being said, choose what you want to do; but to give you some perspective I went from 170-210 pounds fast on a bodybuilding style routine with tons of size gained rather quickly. While powerbuilding, I was stuck in the 180-190 pound mark for a year,and lost tons of weight, however my strength went through the roof.

I hope you respond differently than I did if you powerbuild, because I know some others do.

IMHO it’s always best to choose what you want to SPECIALIZE in and stick with it.

" A man who cases two rabbits will catch none"

Peace

[/quote]

well id like to have that book! :slight_smile:
which book you want in exchange?

[quote]theoutsider111 wrote:
[/quote]

well id like to have that book! :slight_smile:
which book you want in exchange?[/quote]
what books could you offer to me?
i need something about powerbuilding or ronnie coleman or personal programs made by accomplished trainers…

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

thank you,this is some really good stuff