Powerblock Time

[quote]Im_New_Feed_Me wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:
I knew this would happen…Shoulda kept my mouth shut. Does it have to be for 6 reps? Would 120 suffice?[/quote]

haha no. i could do 120x15 and still set them down softly.

obviously at a certain point the whole ‘if you pick it up, you can set it down’ mantra doesn’t apply.

but i’m just giving you shit.

carry on[/quote]

Incline? Thats much easier to put down… try flat DB press without dropping them. Thats the hard one! (thats what she said)[/quote]

I only work out alone. I have figured out a very easy way to do this.

1. Finish your set in the fully extended locked out position.
  2. Turn your wrists to neutral.
  3. Bring your knees up to the dbs.
  4. Place db on knees.
  5. Push down on dbs.
  6. Keep hips flexed and it will sit you upright. No risk of injury. I am not sure if this works with your 120’s… but I do it pretty easily with the 100’s at my gym.
  7. ??
  8. Do we still do profit around here?
  9. Dick fountain.[/quote]

This is true… but in general I would say heavy DBs are harder to get into position on Incline but easier to put down than flat. If you don’t have good technique like above than you can get stuck and have to drop them on flat. Incline, you should be able put them down fine. I have the ironmaster dbs as well and when i first got them i only had carpet… so even when i was benching the 120s i could never drop them. Because my floor would be fucked… not the DBs.

Ironmasters can be dropped. I don’t make a habit of it but they are the sturdiest adjustable dbs you can get. It takes a little longer to change weights. So if you want sturdy go ironmasters. If you like to do drop sets and supersets with 10 second rests where you need to change the weight really fast then get power blocks. ironmasters can take 30 sec- 1 minute to change.

I have some Powerblocks that I bought about 10-12 years ago. If you drop them hard it’s possible to knock them out of alignment, which could make it difficult or impossible to use them. I’ve never tested it though - I live in an apartment, and I’m not about to start dropping dumbbells over the downstairs neighbors’ heads.

Powerblocks are my “Damn there’s 2 feet of snow!” home training solution.

Powerblocks look a little complicated in the way they’re made to me… As in, too many things that can break? (I don’t know about newer models, last I’ve seen were from 3 years ago or so). Kind of like some rifles which are great in theory but not so great if there’s sand around.

Still a nice system and a lot of people like it, so yeah.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi friends.
Has anyone here had any experience with Powerblock dumbells?
Can you still do all the lifts you can as with ordinary dumbells?

tweet tweet[/quote]

Who cares.
But can we stop with the tweet tweet already?

twat twat

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi friends.
Has anyone here had any experience with Powerblock dumbells?
Can you still do all the lifts you can as with ordinary dumbells?

tweet tweet[/quote]

Who cares.
But can we stop with the tweet tweet already?

twat twat

lol
[/quote]

I don’t know why I hate it so goddamn much… As soon as I read it… I get angered.