Power Twister

Just wondering if anyone still uses them, and what for ?

Mr. T still uses it.

Chuck Norris can bend it in half…with his beard.

These are are fun to mess around with, use to have one.

NOTE USE THE STAPS! LOL! Back in the day, ( early 90’s ) was using it w/o the straps & got nipped in the face. It could had been bad, but fot lucky!

W/o the straps, it’s a weapon. :slight_smile:

Lex Luger, as well as The Natural Born Thrillers (from WCW) used to use that too. That’s how they got so huge; using the Lex Flexor.

I actually found one sitting next to a 7-11 a few years ago. It was one of the tougher ones ( I think there are 2 or 3 intensities,but not sure)
It’s one of those things that I wouldn’t base my training on ,of course, but it would add a nice finsihing touch. Like hand grippers…once you’ve basically tried all barbell exercises and so forth and wonder what the heck else you can do…do this.

If it’s good enough for Frank Zane, it’s good enough for me.

Ok, actually, no, I don’t, haven’t and can’t say I plan on using one.

1 Like

[quote]Minotaur wrote:
If it’s good enough for Frank Zane, it’s good enough for me.

Ok, actually, no, I don’t, haven’t and can’t say I plan on using one.[/quote]

I have one from many years ago and it actually is pretty handy for warming up, since the reps are high and get the blood flowing.

Frank Zane is wearing a leather mini skirt. Put him in some do-me heals and he comes in fifth in this year’s Ms. O.

His wheels look incredible there.

I am big into power twisters. I think they will gain popularity soon. They emphasise the lower arm, biceps isometrically and chest. I love heavy chest expanders too for training the upper back. They are a nice change for rows as they don’t work the lower back as hard. You can still feel it a bit with the heavier models though. I hope to close the 100kg models when I can afford one

1 Like

Solid bump. 14 years. And Chris used to be Minotaur.

4 Likes

If this isn’t the sickest 14 year thread bump of all time, I’ll eat my hat.

8 Likes

I’ve been here since '05, and haven’t seen anything better.

5 Likes

I am starting to live for them lol. There will be world championships soon. Thor bornson has recently closed the itta 110kg model. Ihuniu itta and haoying holds are apparently the best.

It truly surprises me that there is little to no interest in them on t-nation.

It’s so old there’s a Chuck Norris joke in it

Lol! I’ve been using mine since Shelter In Place!

oh my god, and I thought it couldn’t get better!

cpratt

3 Likes

Headhunter, that ol’ vibrator-purchasing sonofa bitch. I wonder what he’s up to?

Dude…I don’t know you but where did you go for 14 years :joy:. I’m sorry, the thought of just leaving an online forum and then returning that much later is weird to me, but then again, it’s almost the length of my life time, so…