T Nation

Power Station Pro Am Results

Pro Results

148

  1. Shannon Hartnett 570/280/525 - 1,375
  2. Amy Weisberger 550/325/470 - 1,345

165

  1. Brian Schwab 825/605/615 - 2,045
  2. Al Caslow 820/540/685 - 2,045
  3. Angelo Berardinelli 730/540/615 - 1,885
  4. Laura Phelps-Sweatt 700/455/560 - 1,715

181

  1. Michael Cartinian 890/700/645 - 2,235
  2. Tony Ramos
  3. Brian Tincher
  4. Nate Strong
  5. Sakari Selkainaho

198

  1. Sergiy Naleykin 970/730/760 - 2,460
  2. Adam Driggers
  3. Jason Coker /805/ -
  4. Jason Adams
  5. Brad Bishop
  6. Shawn Frankl

220

  1. Mike Schwanke 950/700/800 - 2,450
  2. Clint Smith
  3. Ilkka Mursu
  4. Dan Blankenship

242

  1. Greg Panora 1,055/770/800 - 2,625
  2. Brian Carroll 1,050/785/735 - 2,570
  3. Jim Grandick 1,015/805/745 - 2,565
  4. Jeremy Frey 940/740/770 - 2,450
  5. Jo Jordan
  6. Chris Taylor 855/750/680 - 2,285
  7. Shawn Nutter
  8. Matt Kroczaleski

275

  1. Dave Hoff 930/780/800 - 2,510
  2. Luke Edwards 1,000/680/770 - 2,450
  3. Sergiy Kamavkhow 1,035/595/790 - 2,420

308

  1. Chuck Fought 1080/715/875 - 2,670
  2. Matt Wenning 1085/815/765 - 2,665
  3. AJ Roberts 935/705/705 - 2,345
  4. Tony Bolongne

Shw

  1. Matt Wilson

Bombs
Dan Petrillo (181)
Brian Strickland (181)
Mike Maxwell (198)
Sam Byrd (220) on squats
Larry Hook (220)
Dalen Randa (242) on squats
Jermiah Meyer (275)
Dain Soppelsa (275)
Chuck Vogelpohl (275) on squats
Charles Baily (275)
Mark Bell (308) on squats
John Manly (308)
Mike White (308)
Donnie Thompson (Shw) on squats
Richie Briggs (275) w/830 & 850 on bench

the meet was run very well, the venue was very nice as well i will definatly be back next year .

The rest of the results along with a video of Fought and Wenning are on powerlifting watch now.

Donnie bombed again… As did Chuck… Shocking stuff tbh. It sucks not seeing those guys get a lift in.

Did Sam B bomb on depth? There’s been a lot of discussion about his depth recently and if that’s what it was for it’s good to see strict judging. Gives the comp great credibility.

On another note, anyone noticed the trend on PLwatch where people go “don’t bitch about depth/not touching, it’s only a training vid”. Well look at the bombs of the guys who post a lot of their training online. Charles Bailey doesn’t seem to take most of his squats to depth in the gym, or his benches all the way to his chest. Jackass seems to have done a lot of high box work too recently. I can’t help but think that sorta stuff is hurting them.

Btw, Frankl’s just nuts… 850 bench at 198 is sick.

yes byrd bombed on dept, he didnt look so hot in the warm up room i think he just had an off day, Fought and Wenning had one hell of a battle at 308 , that 875 deadlift is quite something , some other impressive lifters weere Greg Panora of course breaking his all time wolrd record total moving it from 2600 to 2625

also Dave Hoff the 20 yr old from westside looked very impressive 780 bench and an 800 lb deadlift he only got an opener squat of 930 and still totaled 2510 i heard he only wieghed in at 256 pretty impressive , also cartinian did well i was impressed, the 242 battle was one hell of a war between Grandick , carroll and Panora it came down to the deadlifts very nece meet to say the least

What happened with Matt Kroc? I thought the last thing I read on Elitefts.com said he was ready for the meet?

i never recall him squating , i think he pulled an 810 deadlift

also brian carroll impressive came back on his third and got a 1050 squat,

holy freakin crap, you’ve all got to check out this youtube video. It’s very well put together and gives weight of the attempt, subtotal and everything, made me feel like i was there, watching a fight to the finish.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Donnie bombed again… As did Chuck… Shocking stuff tbh. It sucks not seeing those guys get a lift in.

Did Sam B bomb on depth? There’s been a lot of discussion about his depth recently and if that’s what it was for it’s good to see strict judging. Gives the comp great credibility.

On another note, anyone noticed the trend on PLwatch where people go “don’t bitch about depth/not touching, it’s only a training vid”. Well look at the bombs of the guys who post a lot of their training online. Charles Bailey doesn’t seem to take most of his squats to depth in the gym, or his benches all the way to his chest. Jackass seems to have done a lot of high box work too recently. I can’t help but think that sorta stuff is hurting them.

Btw, Frankl’s just nuts… 850 bench at 198 is sick.[/quote]

This is a great point. The bench is what kills. It seems that so many people have a problem touching, and they get around it buy using boards in training. Does not make sense to me. I know boards have a place, but when you are “rowing” over 800lbs down to your chest something seems wrong. I like gear and big totals, but I like dunked squats as well.

Monopoly

Here is a little more of the action…

Fought’s second attempt 1080
[photo]16820[/photo]

Wenning’s third attempt 1085
[photo]16819[/photo]

Chuck’s second attempt at 1120
[photo]16818[/photo]

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Here is a little more of the action…

Fought’s second attempt 1080
[photo]16820[/photo]

Wenning’s third attempt 1085
[photo]16819[/photo]

Chuck’s second attempt at 1120
[photo]16818[/photo] [/quote]

I realize these pictures may not tell the entire story, but if Fought and Wennings were passed at that depth, Chucks should have been passed as well.

Does anyone know if he’s still injured?

Monopoly

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
I realize these pictures may not tell the entire story, but if Fought and Wennings were passed at that depth, Chucks should have been passed as well.

Does anyone know if he’s still injured?

Monopoly[/quote]

Those photos were taken of them around the bottom of their squats. So, obviously, we can’t judge their lifts by the pics, and I hope no one tries to do so.

I don’t believe that Vogelpohl missed that attempt because of depth issues.

Still injured from what? The c-bus pro am?

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
Monopoly19 wrote:
I realize these pictures may not tell the entire story, but if Fought and Wennings were passed at that depth, Chucks should have been passed as well.

Does anyone know if he’s still injured?

Monopoly

Those photos were taken of them around the bottom of their squats. So, obviously, we can’t judge their lifts by the pics, and I hope no one tries to do so.

I don’t believe that Vogelpohl missed that attempt because of depth issues.

Still injured from what? The c-bus pro am?[/quote]

Not trying to judge at all. I had just heard on several other boards that his were not passed due to depth issues, that is why I made the comment. Is that the last meet that Louie called him down to low?

Monopoly

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Donnie bombed again… As did Chuck… Shocking stuff tbh. It sucks not seeing those guys get a lift in.

Did Sam B bomb on depth? There’s been a lot of discussion about his depth recently and if that’s what it was for it’s good to see strict judging. Gives the comp great credibility.

On another note, anyone noticed the trend on PLwatch where people go “don’t bitch about depth/not touching, it’s only a training vid”. Well look at the bombs of the guys who post a lot of their training online. Charles Bailey doesn’t seem to take most of his squats to depth in the gym, or his benches all the way to his chest. Jackass seems to have done a lot of high box work too recently. I can’t help but think that sorta stuff is hurting them.

Btw, Frankl’s just nuts… 850 bench at 198 is sick.[/quote]

Jackass fucked up his back in his last squat session before the meet. He missed his first two squats by trying to get a little too deep. He was only called on depth on his third. He never spends much time on a low box and has never bombed on the squat before, so I would tend to blame the injury. Knowing him, he’s not going to make any excuses though.

[quote]OldTimer7247 wrote:
the meet was run very well, the venue was very nice as well i will definatly be back next year .[/quote]

Yes it was; nice venue, right beside the hotel.

Laura and Shannon were just sick to watch. I was just in my glory and next year is a given.

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:
Not trying to judge at all. I had just heard on several other boards that his were not passed due to depth issues, that is why I made the comment. Is that the last meet that Louie called him down to low?

Monopoly[/quote]

Not saying you were trying to judge. That was just a general statement.

To be honest, I’m not totally sure what happened. I watched most of those lifts through a camera so I probably missed a lot.

The Columbus Pro Am was the last meet Chuck did and he was injured squatting. Louie was calling his depth. As far as I knew, he made a quick and full recovery

EDIT: I guess they said he fell into the rack at the top.