Power Racks at Elitefts

I am going to purchase a power rack at Elitefts and I was wondering if you need to order band pegs in order to attach bands. Is it just easier to attach bands or do you have to have the band pegs?

You don’t have to have them. Both of our EliteFTS racks do not have them. You can simply loop the bands around the bottom of the rack. To increase the tension you can also loop them around the rack and a heavy dumbell.

Thanks. I’m doing the build your own rack and I was just wondering what I should get. Do you think I would need an extra set of spot pins or j hooks or do they usually last for a while.

J-hooks and pins should last around forever. The racks are high quality. Some of the best you will find.

I just ordered a rack from NewYorkBarbell, and for bands I just ordered a second set of pins. I’ll plug them in down low and wrap the bands around them.

But yes, the EliteFTS racks have that nice raised side bar, so you don’t even need the extra set of pins, there.

[quote]Brian Whiddon wrote:
J-hooks and pins should last around forever. The racks are high quality. Some of the best you will find. [/quote]

What is the pin diameter, is it 1" or less?

Revan

anyone know what the pin diameter is? Is it 1" or less?

Revan

I’ll be the contrarian here, and say that I love the band pegs. I have a Canadian-built sumo rack, and find that the pegs offer a lot more flexibility in how you can set the bands up.

While we have certainly choked them over the base, with the pegs you can choke them over a pair of pegs, and adjust the tension by spacing the pegs further apart.

It also makes doubling the bands up a whole lot easier, and that gives you some truly awesome band tension…

Another completely unexpected positive was extra assistance. While spotting for someone, we often have a band handy and throw it over a peg, do a set of abs/tris/whatever, and pop the band off when the main lifter is ready to go. This is a lot easier with the pegs.

[quote]revan wrote:
anyone know what the pin diameter is? Is it 1" or less?

Revan[/quote]

Not really sure, maybe 3/4". Definitely 1" or less. Call EliteFTS @ 1-888-854-8806.

I have an Elite Fitness power rack. I didn’t get the band pegs. It was beyond my budget. I wish I had gotten the pullup bar.

I did get an extra set of J hooks and find that valuable.
I can leave one set for squats, the other for bench. Or move one set to the front for rack pulls.
Its convenient to have two sets. Otherwise, where do you put the bar while you move the J hooks?

[quote]Major Dan wrote:
I have an Elite Fitness power rack. I didn’t get the band pegs. It was beyond my budget. I wish I had gotten the pullup bar.

I did get an extra set of J hooks and find that valuable.
I can leave one set for squats, the other for bench. Or move one set to the front for rack pulls.
Its convenient to have two sets. Otherwise, where do you put the bar while you move the J hooks?[/quote]

I ordered an extra set of J-hooks for exactly the same reason.

Get the band pegs if you can. You won’t regret it. It’s a major pain in the ass to set up heavy dumbells if you don’t have to. Also, the blue bands + possibly the greens will call for about 200 lbs of dumblees on each side to choke them in place. Band pegs make it a non issue.