Power Rack Question

Hello

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but since I’ve seen other questions about powern racks posted here, I figured I would too.

Anyways, I’m new to lifting world so excuse my potentially stupid question. I’m currently doing Starting Strength and looking to buy a power rack. In the videos I’ve watched by both Mark Rippetoe and Mehdi of Stronglifts, when they are done the overhead press, they place the bar on the outside of the rack. Do all of them come with the option to be able to do this? If not, can anyone suggest a good rack? Preferably one that doesn’t need to be bolted.

I’m from Toronto, if that makes any difference.

9/10 racks can easily be set up that way. Also if you have a enough space and cash you can get 8ft tall rack and can press inside it for the most part.

9/10 racks can easily be set up that way. Also if you have a enough space and cash you can get 8ft tall rack and can press inside it for the most part.

As Reed said most racks can do that. As far as good racks go, I have the 6ft rack from new york barbell and it’s sturdy enough that I have no worries about loading it up (I only use 400-500lbs tho). Its also only 300 USD, don’t know what the shipping would be like to Toronto tho. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

You will need to bolt the rack down or weight it down suitably to not allow it to flip over on you. I’ve seen a rack tip over with 225 on the front of it and smash into a guys car once. He was one unhappy guy. If bolting it down isn’t an option and you simply need the bar off the floor to press with /squat, maybe consider a set of squat stands. maybe like this. I would still place a sand bag on each side of the stand to weigh it down just to be safe.

pendlay.com/Pendlay-Elite-Squat-Stand-with-Pull-Up-Bar-Bolted-Assembly_p_1081.html