Power Plate ?

Does any one have one or use one ? Thanks

No.

tweet

Wow thanks , could not have done it with out you :slight_smile:

one of those vibrating plates that are a total scam?

No.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

No.[/quote]

I tend to disagree here. I have used one in the past, with success in increasing my balance and speed. Also, I don’t know if it was the isometrics or what, but both my kness felt a lot better. It is a tool in the tollbox. Use it correctly and it has many things to offer.

I used to be quite skeptical of them until I used one as part of a conditioning class. We were just doing squats on them, but it felt like I was having to work a lot harder to keep my balance / could definitely feel things being worked that wouldnt normally be. As has been said above, I think they would be quite good as part of a wider toolkit - i.e. I would use one if you had access to it in your gym, but I wouldnt buy one.

There are people at my gym who come in and just stand/lie on them though (wobbling away), so I think they’re treating it like those electrodes you attach to your abs that “are like doing 1000 crunches a day”. Everyone wants something for nothing.

As an aside, given that some people ask questions like “I had a burger king after a match and it thew my macros out, am I going to die?”, you would think they would be more tolerant of what is actually a sensible, open question like this one.

That is all

BG

Dude I put my meals on one of these vibrating plates and so much falls on the floor that after 3 weeks I’ve lost 15 pounds!

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

No.[/quote]

I tend to disagree here. I have used one in the past, with success in increasing my balance and speed. Also, I don’t know if it was the isometrics or what, but both my kness felt a lot better. It is a tool in the tollbox. Use it correctly and it has many things to offer.[/quote]

Thanks , I tried one in a store . It was the Power Plate brand . One thing I thought it would probably help you recover faster . The only down side I see is cost . About $4000 . I probably will try and find a gym that has one and see what I think before I lay out the money

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Does any one have one or use one ? Thanks [/quote]

The only good thing I can see from using a power plate is increased circulation via the vibrating action of the machine. This will obviously have a positive effect on recovery but thats about it really. Not worth the money imo.

They are selling these things off for the cheap over here because its mostly all bullshit and deep down we all know this. There are no quick fixes, no miracle workouts, no magic supplements (legal ones anyway) there is simply no substitute for hard work…

They have one at the Gold’s by my house. It’s fun as hell to stand on and sitting on it give my ass a nice massage. That seems to be the extent of it’s usefullness.

Saw a guy (rep) extolling the virtues of the Powerplate at my old gym (they had 3 or 4) he basically said they were the mutt nuts and coul improve all aspects of fitnes including strength. This prompted my question on progression which (after I explained about progression; i.e. how do I make the exercise harder on the Power Plate) his anwer was ‘use heavier dumbells or kettlebells’. My conclusion: he’s selling them! Duh of course they’ll do everything!
Asside from relaxation / massage and possibly injury treatment, they look like a very expensive waste of money.