T Nation

Power Look

CT, What kind of routine/weekly set-up would be best when going for the power look and preferring to stay 6 reps and under? I did HPMASS when it first came out and continued for quite some time with great results but, do not have the time at the moment for the length of the sessions. I also tried your new Layer system for about 2 weeks but, like you said the program is too much for those not using the necessary supps, the trap bar session was one of the toughest workouts I have ever been through. I was thinking that maybe somehthing like:

Mon- Push

Tues- Pull

Wed- Off

Thurs- Push

Fri- Pull

Sat- Another session of High Pulls and Arms.

I am open to any set-up and can train every day if necessary. Any help is appreciated. I have never made my own program and have always preferred to follow a set program/routine.

[quote]Luka24 wrote:
CT, What kind of routine/weekly set-up would be best when going for the power look and preferring to stay 6 reps and under? I did HPMASS when it first came out and continued for quite some time with great results but, do not have the time at the moment for the length of the sessions. I also tried your new Layer system for about 2 weeks but, like you said the program is too much for those not using the necessary supps, the trap bar session was one of the toughest workouts I have ever been through. I was thinking that maybe somehthing like:

Mon- Push

Tues- Pull

Wed- Off

Thurs- Push

Fri- Pull

Sat- Another session of High Pulls and Arms.

I am open to any set-up and can train every day if necessary. Any help is appreciated. I have never made my own program and have always preferred to follow a set program/routine. [/quote]

Read as much as possible about my layer system and learn to do snatch-grip high pulls from blocks.

Luka24–CT is right on the money, snatch grip high pulls are the most effective exercise I’ve used in over fifty years of lifting weight. Wish I had done them years ago. Been doing them for a little over four months and they are incredible. You won’t go wrong in following CT’s advice.