Power Drive / Spike

Does anyone still use these? They never seem to get mentioned much anymore.

I bought some Power Drive today, is it ok to use pre-workout all the time, or will results be better just using it on PB/ME days, or when you are particularly run down? Does the body “get used” to it if it is used indefinitely 5 days a week for months and months?

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
Does anyone still use these? They never seem to get mentioned much anymore.

I bought some Power Drive today, is it ok to use pre-workout all the time, or will results be better just using it on PB/ME days, or when you are particularly run down? Does the body “get used” to it if it is used indefinitely 5 days a week for months and months?[/quote]

According to Tim Patterson, Power Drive has a pretty strong fan base, including myself and yes its fine and probably more benefitial to use everyday. Some advise to use it post-training as it will help more with CNS recovery taken that way but many still do pre-training, just depends on what you prefer. If you can afford it doing a serving both pre and post would be a great protocol.

I think why it doesn’t get brought up has a little to do with Brain Candy’s introduction but probably a lot more to do with the fact that Power Drive has been around forever and nothing more really needs to be said about it, stuff works.

I use PD and Spike for every work out. I scoop and 2 tabs before. If it was a brutal work out I have another scoop after. Been using this protocol for 2 years and wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’ve never used either (or anything like them).

What do they do for you personally? How do they change your workouts/recovery/anything else?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

What do they do for you personally? How do they change your workouts/recovery/anything else?[/quote]
Spike just get you jacked up, all caffeine, guarana and yohimbe. The Power Drive is a nootropic and really helps you focus and be clear minded. Messes with serotonin and what not. And after a brutal list it kinda helps you think again, if that makes sense.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

What do they do for you personally? How do they change your workouts/recovery/anything else?[/quote]

I took some Power Drive pre-workout, forgot I had taken it then during DLs (first exercise, around 20 mins later) thought “fuck I am feeling REALLY good” then was like oh yeah maybe it’s the Power Drive. Just felt very focused and particularly during the set up, super confident the weight would fly up. Whereas normally if I am doing multiple reps above 500lbs, I often get anxious, overthink etc.

I took some the following day and didn’t feel anything to be honest, but I think that is due to the DLs as much as anything, also hadn’t trained once during the week and eaten poorly, so I think this week will be better and I plan to take it everyday pre-workout.

I may get some Spike to, I am just abit worried about the “getting used to” aspect as I have read that does/can happen, in which case I would rather take it 1-2 times a week max or even less if that is more beneficial long term.

My gym carries Spike and I love it! But I haven’t touched it in months because I just didn’t need the energy, and now I’m using Brain Candy (mainly for classes though) so there is also no point.

But Spike def. gave me workouts a kick! very noticeable drink (and tabs which I ordered once)

Power Drive is save for heavy squat/dead workouts (and recovery after). Also us it or L-Tyrosine caps at work when stress/fatigue hit.

Spikes I use when ever I need the kick. Great pick me up. Recommend them both.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

I took some Power Drive pre-workout, forgot I had taken it then during DLs (first exercise, around 20 mins later) thought “fuck I am feeling REALLY good” then was like oh yeah maybe it’s the Power Drive. Just felt very focused and particularly during the set up, super confident the weight would fly up. Whereas normally if I am doing multiple reps above 500lbs, I often get anxious, overthink etc.

I took some the following day and didn’t feel anything to be honest, but I think that is due to the DLs as much as anything, also hadn’t trained once during the week and eaten poorly, so I think this week will be better and I plan to take it everyday pre-workout.

I may get some Spike to, I am just abit worried about the “getting used to” aspect as I have read that does/can happen, in which case I would rather take it 1-2 times a week max or even less if that is more beneficial long term.[/quote]

Power Drive just plain works ( I really like it post workout )

Spike Shooter: kick to the balls get ready to be wired for explode.
Spike Shotgun: good sipping energy drink for a nice long high.
Spike Double Shot: it’s small, it’s fast, it works. Not quite the punch of a shooter, but quicker than a shotgun to drink.
Spike tablets: 1 tab: clean burn focus and drive 2 tabs: pretty awesome focus and ferocity

Those are my thoughts and experiences. That said you can over do them, so please, please pay attention to the dosing.

[quote]derf wrote:
Power Drive is save for heavy squat/dead workouts (and recovery after). Also us it or L-Tyrosine caps at work when stress/fatigue hit.

Spikes I use when ever I need the kick. Great pick me up. Recommend them both.[/quote]

So do you not use it more than 1-2 days a week max?

I never got any type of boost out of spike shooters or the tablets. That’s just me though.