T Nation

Power Drive Before AND After Workout?

just wondering… i just started taking it today - it wasn’t immediately after a workout, i just felt like crap since yesterday’s so i got the stuff to see. seems to be good. just wondering if i should take it before and after to prevent my CNS from ever getting to that empty place…

[quote]dsohei wrote:
just wondering… i just started taking it today - it wasn’t immediately after a workout, i just felt like crap since yesterday’s so i got the stuff to see. seems to be good. just wondering if i should take it before and after to prevent my CNS from ever getting to that empty place…[/quote]

Its been explained that taking it post-training is the best way to enhance CNS recovery. That being said there is no problem at all taking it both prior and post but you will be just fine having it post-training. Its good stuff and multiple servings a day of it does wonders.

I agree with Eazy. I have taken it pre and post workout — especially if the workload is intense. If you want an increased kick, mix some SPIKE in the pre-workout drink.

I wonder if it would be wise to use Acetyl L Carnitine pre and Power Drive post workout

I always have a scoop of Power Drive and 2 Spike tabs half an hour before kicking ass!
Yes, it’s gets you fired up (the combo). And a scoop after :wink:

[quote]Wzwut wrote:
I wonder if it would be wise to use Acetyl L Carnitine pre and Power Drive post workout
[/quote]

One of the better combinations i like to do is 1-Capful of Alpha-GPC and a serving of Power Drive pre-training and then follow that up with another serving of Power Drive afterwards. Although, it could be tricky if you train late as you might be a little too awake to get to bed later.

Alpha GPC 1.5 hours before every lift.

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
Alpha GPC 1.5 hours before every lift.[/quote]

What does that do?

[quote]LoRez wrote:

What does that do?[/quote]
Helps with “explosiveness” and helps produce more GH when you’re sleeping.

how much Alpha GPC and can the timing be tweaked or does it HAVE to be 90 mins pre? thx

[quote]dsohei wrote:

how much Alpha GPC and can the timing be tweaked or does it HAVE to be 90 mins pre? thx[/quote]
I use 1 capful 90 prior to lifting. Sometimes 2 on a heavy bench or DL day. I just time it like Thibs says to, sop I can’t speak to the timing, other than it’s a pain in the ass. I w/out at 7;30 AM, so I actually get up at 6 and toss back the dose. Then I’m awake…and sleep is elusive…