Hey guys I’d like your opinions on this.
I’ve grown to love the clean & press but more so just cleans and front squats.
Do you think Smolov Jr could work for the clean?
I’d be doing this http://www.catalystathletics.com/exercises/exercise.php?exerciseID=59 and that would count as the first rep, but once standing up and just continue the rest of the set with front squats. I’m not sure what to call that. Clean and Squat?
For those unaware of Smolov Jr:
Monday: 6 x 6 (70%)
Wednesday: 7 x 5 (75%)
Friday: 8 x 4 (80%)
Saturday: 10 x 3 (85%)
You add the smallest increment onto that same load every week for 3 weeks.
Now on top on this, from a bodybuilding/aesthetic side a things, I’d like to bring up my back and shoulder width.
This is the program I had in mind:
- Power Clean & Squat â?? 6 x 1/6 (70%)
- Clean Pull â?? 3 x 3
- Chins â?? 3 sets weighted, 3 sets body weight. Max reps
- DB Lateral Raise â?? 3 x 12, 3 x 25+
- DB Hang Swing â?? 5 x 20+
- Incline BB Press â?? 3 x 5-8
- Dips â?? 3 sets weighted, 2 sets body weight. Max reps
- DB Fly + BB/DB Curl â?? 3 x 10-12
- Skull Crushers â?? 3 x 10-12
- Power Clean & Squat â?? 7 x 1/5 (75%)
- Snatch Clean Pull â?? 3 x 3
- Pull-ups â?? 6 x max reps with body weight
- WG Up-right Row â?? 3 x 12
- Delt Tri-set (rear, lateral, rear) â?? 3 x max reps
- Power Clean & Squat â?? 8 x 4 (80%)
- Hyper Extension â?? 3 x 12
- Chins â?? 6 x max reps with body weight
- Military Press â?? 3 x 12-15
- Incline DB L-Lateral Raise - 3 x 15-20
- Cobra Face Pull â?? 5 x 20+
Too much going on?