Power Cleans: Prime Time

I know that there was a debate/discussion about the usefulness of the Power Clean in terms of building mass about a month or two ago. Well I just want to revisit this idea with some input from our Prime Time Coaches.

I love doing power cleans. I feel like I have really had a great workout after doing them, but I am not really sure about their utility in trying to build an aesthetically pleasing physique.

I’m preparing to start up a variation of OLAD using two lifts per/day (TLAD) and I am debating whether or not I should include them.

Thanks,
Snoop

Cleans can be a GREAT tool for physique enhancement, but the mistake people tend to make is relying on them exclusively (or nearly so) to accomplish everything. Cleans will help you build a massive lower and upper back, and will also thicken up your hams and glutes. But you’ll also need direct exercises for pecs, biceps, etc.

[quote]Snoop wrote:
I know that there was a debate/discussion about the usefulness of the Power Clean in terms of building mass about a month or two ago. Well I just want to revisit this idea with some input from our Prime Time Coaches.

I love doing power cleans. I feel like I have really had a great workout after doing them, but I am not really sure about their utility in trying to build an aesthetically pleasing physique.

I’m preparing to start up a variation of OLAD using two lifts per/day (TLAD) and I am debating whether or not I should include them.

Thanks,
Snoop[/quote]

Thanks Coach Staley this was exactly what I was looking for!