Power Cleans Front Equivalent

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
dannyrat wrote:
Hang on, ice, can u deadlift 200lbs, but laterally raise 30lbs for reps on each arm? If you can, proportionally, i bet those shoulders are beefy. Cool

just to add to that…im right at 475lb deadlift currently (anyone can believe that or call bullshit on it, i dont care, its not the point). if i were going to do laterals, id be using 35lbs max. oh well, thats not the point either. the point that i find “odd” is that maxing on a deadlift made his shoulders so sore that lateral raises were difficult. am i missing something?

have heavy deads ever gotten in the way of anyone elses lateral raises? ive never used a trap bar, so maybe thats the difference if he is doing that?[/quote]

with your avatar pic, i’ll be the last to say that u can’t do deads for a respectable near 500lbs bro. =)

the lateral raises (that made me wince), this was the workout 1 day after i got the 230 lbs of deads in. if it helps, i also did a high volume of power cleans prior to the deads that same day…
truth be told, i wasn’t even looking for a PR that day… thats why i was so surprised and near about ran from the gym to post my results and share the info…

so, hold up now folks; we decided that the best front equivalent would be push presses?

[quote]Dorso wrote:
Maybe he meant 15+15=30…
[/quote]

lol, no man… i’ve got enough calluses to not make that mistake again! :stuck_out_tongue:

His avatar is Jim Wendler of Westside fame I believe