Power Clean

Im kinda new to the power clean, ive done it a few times to get the feal of it and to see the weight i can do and i was wondering if you were to work out one body part a day, for example monday would be legs, tues. chest so on, what body part would you preform the power clean in ? back, shoulders ? And if you would what about other Oly lifts like this ( bodypart they fall under ) I know most of them work different groups but what would be the best thing to work them under. Thanks for the help.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
Im kinda new to the power clean, ive done it a few times to get the feal of it and to see the weight i can do and i was wondering if you were to work out one body part a day, for example monday would be legs, tues. chest so on, what body part would you preform the power clean in ? back, shoulders ? And if you would what about other Oly lifts like this ( bodypart they fall under ) I know most of them work different groups but what would be the best thing to work them under. Thanks for the help.[/quote]

Traps. Bear claws dude. Bear claws.

I would do PC first on leg day. Technique is paramount and you want to be fresh.

I’d begin every workout with some olympic lift or variation, before going on to my regular split.

So the plan would look like this:

Mon: Clean, legs and abs

Wed: Push-press, back and bi’s

Fri: snatch-pull, shoulders and tri’s

Just off the top of my head, but you get the idea.

Not sure if this is helpful but I just completed Art of Waterbury and this is what my workout looks like on the day I do power cleans:

Antagonistic training…I started week one doing 4x6 but I add one set every week so that by the end of week four I’m doing the same workouts 7x6.

A1 Barbell Hack Squats
A2 Standing Hammer Curls

B1 Power Cleans
B2 Skull Crushers

C1 Incline Bench Presses
C2 Seated Calf Raises

See the Art of Waterbury article for more details if this interests you.

Truly kicks my ass.

I do it first on back day, followed by deadlifts.