Power Clean

Is it a good idea to do pwer clean and deadlift the same day when you beyond 5/3/1.
I really enjoy doing both workouts and they both seem to really do wonders for me.

similar thread a few down from this…

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:

[quote]Tadpole97 wrote:
Just finished deloading(Read: Binge Drinking) this past week from the normal 531 cycles, and am looking forward to 3 days of lifting and more play with my weight vest.

I’m going to keep the upper body programming the same for most part, but will probably add a BBB set or two in there. For squats and deadlifts, I’m gonna squat twice a week and deadlift once; and keep it that way. And then throw power cleans in before my deadlifts on the middle day. I’ll probably wear a belt while squatting on day three so I don’t start crying in the power cage.

For conditioning, long walks with a weight vest aren’t quite my thingâ?¦.but I do have a sweet 40m slope in my parking garage that I run with my 40# vest on. I’ll probably do that twice a week, and then my 3rd conditioning workout is my hockey game.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?[/quote]

You are free to train however you want. However, the program is written for a reason. I’m all for people following their own path but when you do, you have to have the confidence to walk alone.
[/quote]

I’ve felt what works best for me is to do the power cleans on squat day, but you can do them on either squat or dead lift day. Test it out and see what works best for you.

you can clean every day as long as youre dropping the bar and doing real cleans for singles

[quote]2TIRED_2QUIT wrote:
Is it a good idea to do pwer clean and deadlift the same day when you beyond 5/3/1.
I really enjoy doing both workouts and they both seem to really do wonders for me.[/quote]

The program is specific and written with reason - you can do what you want but it will fuck up the program.

Hey Jim,
I have been doing the original 531 program and doing hanging power cleans (1x) into OHP .
Is this cool ?
Didn’t want to do it as dedicated sets as its not one of the big 4 but think its great movement .

[quote]Picc wrote:
Hey Jim,
I have been doing the original 531 program and doing hanging power cleans (1x) into OHP .
Is this cool ?
Didn’t want to do it as dedicated sets as its not one of the big 4 but think its great movement .[/quote]

Read pages 44 and 45 in Beyond 5/3/1.

Yeah need to get it
Thanks