Power Clean Technique Critique

Hi,

If you all don’t mind, would you please critique and comment on my technique? Video is below and is 185# at about 185# bodyweight.

Gloves off… I’m ready. Let’s hear any comments and advice you have!

The video doesn’t work

Fixed.

You pull the bar in a perfectly straight line when it should move in a shallow S.

The bar needs to stay much closer to you which is achieved by using your lats to pull it in once it’s past your knees.

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:
You pull the bar in a perfectly straight line when it should move in a shallow S.

The bar needs to stay much closer to you which is achieved by using your lats to pull it in once it’s past your knees.
[/quote]

this video helped me a lot to pull in a good line. Op please see the video

Interesting. Thanks for the video. It looks like a similar movement to the last bit of a straightarm pulldown. I’m going to try it tomorrow. Looks like the positioning will help with the shrug too… seems more efficient.

Ya, two things you can do to really lear the movement:

Low Pulls to just above the knee (learn to keep your back straight and at the same angle.

Then, power cleans from blocks (or rack) placed just below your knees. Make sure the bar travels back and up while your shoulders travel forward and up as the bar passes your knees. This will create the lever that makes this movement so powerful

Wearing shoes can’t hurt. There are some fairly cheap options out there for shoes if that is the issue. You don’t have to spend $200 necessarily