T Nation

Power Clean Numbers Compared to Deadlift Numbers

I was wondering what everyones power clean to deadlift ratio was?

For some reason I've always thought that deadlift is around 2x powerclean(from ground). I could be wrong, so what are you power clean and deadlift numbers?

I recently powercleaned 240 from the ground. After that I pulled an easy 315x3 just cuz with a lot left in the tank with a power clean grip. Wondering what my max could be, may actually try it next week. I havent deadlifted in a couple years.

I power cleaned 105 kilos with a 170 kg deadlift, so 61.7 %.

I don't power so I couldn't tell you , but it would be around that area I guess.

dead 405
hang clean 155

I deadlift 395 and I can hang clean about 185

I think a good way to tell is by looking at the world records, I can't actually find one for just the power clean but if its close to C&J its about 600lbs. So 50-60% of DL seems about right just depends how you prioritize them I guess.

I havent done them since my junior year in high school (~5 years ago) but this is what my stats were.

Hang clean 185
deadlift 315

power clean 205# first time doing them so not very good
deadlift 505#

It really depends how you train. An Olympic lifter will have a much stronger power clean, and a powerlifter will have a much stronger deadlift. I feel like those top Olympic lifters deadlift relatively little more than their max C+J, and the top deadlifters probably power clean a relatively small amount compared to their deadlift.

If you want to be a powerlifter, focus on bringing up your deadlift...cleans aren't part of your total.

That being said, I power clean a little more than half my top deadlift.

Best deadlift ever: 585 lbs.
Best clean ever: 165kg.

My deadlift needs work...

810 pull and a 340 clean. I think the correlation is about zero though. Power clean form and deadlift form require completely different set-ups and completely different bar speeds.

I think this is not an accurate estimate of anything. The two are totally different.

This.

Power clean (when I'm bored) : 65kg
DLs: 160kg

My ratio is right about 2:1, but I agree with others that I don't think this is really significant or meaningful in any way.

Power Clean-175kg
Deadlift-595lbs

All depends on technique used in the clean though

power clean :205
deadlift: 500

powerclean 255lbs
deadlift 475lbs

But I haven't done too many power cleans in training.

Currently raw deadlift PR is 225 kg done in competition and power clean PR is 100 kg only, but i do not train it for example in 2010 i just tried cleans in 2 training days only.

those are some sick numbers!

dl 475
last time I powercleaned a couple months ago