Power Clean and Push Press Form?

I’m using 60kg in this video (I know its not much, but I wanna improve it)

Hows my form?

Clean form is pretty good, maybe could deal without that little hitchup at your knees (maybe its just my computer lol), but you can obviously clean alot more weight than you can push press so I would do my cleans, then my push presses seperately

1- you need to pull you shoulder blades back before you begin to pull, your upper back is rounded from the get go

2- your pull from the ground to your knees is at a snail’s pace. Cleans are a fast movement, do them that way

3- when you use your leg drive in the press, your knees are traveling wayyy foward. Use leg drive by pushing your hips back, not your knees foward

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Clean form is pretty good, maybe could deal without that little hitchup at your knees (maybe its just my computer lol), but you can obviously clean alot more weight than you can push press so I would do my cleans, then my push presses seperately[/quote]

Cheers, yea I can clean more than I can press, I like the idea of doing them seperately. I’m not sure what you mean by the hitchup at the knees though?

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
1- you need to pull you shoulder blades back before you begin to pull, your upper back is rounded from the get go

2- your pull from the ground to your knees is at a snail’s pace. Cleans are a fast movement, do them that way

3- when you use your leg drive in the press, your knees are traveling wayyy foward. Use leg drive by pushing your hips back, not your knees foward[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

Yea, I noticed my upper back rounding a bit, I’ll have to retract my shoulder blades more.

I dunno where I read it but i heard the pull the first pull from the ground shouldnt be explosive, and that all the explosiveness should come afer the bar passes the knees?

And with point three, I see what you mean, I’m not using my hips at all. I also have it in a shit rack position, but it hurts my shoulders if I press from a rack position so I keep it in a false grip to press which I think doesnt help me getting any hip drive

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

3- when you use your leg drive in the press, your knees are traveling wayyy foward. Use leg drive by pushing your hips back, not your knees foward[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

Yea, I noticed my upper back rounding a bit, I’ll have to retract my shoulder blades more.

I dunno where I read it but i heard the pull the first pull from the ground shouldnt be explosive, and that all the explosiveness should come afer the bar passes the knees?

And with point three, I see what you mean, I’m not using my hips at all. I also have it in a shit rack position, but it hurts my shoulders if I press from a rack position so I keep it in a false grip to press which I think doesnt help me getting any hip drive[/quote]

I’ve never heard anything like that. Just think of the energy that gets wasted pulling it slowly to the knees. Just pull it fast.

Just keep playing around with it until you get it right.

Cheers man, I’ll keep at it