Power Clean and Jerk Form Critique

Your catch position is better (the hips are behind the shoulders). But it could still be better. We don’t want the knees to be that far forward because you wont be able to squat down lower (still a bit high for a good power clean and wont enable you to transition to a full clean). Since you have long legs you will have to punch your hips back a bit more and land with your feet a bit wider, pushing your knees out when you catch the bar. These three things will allow you to avoid pushing the knees that far forward in the catch.

And you are utilizing your legs more in the explosion. On the left is the “most extended” your legs got in the original video. On the right is today; a ton better! And see now much more vertical you are… good job for only a day!

Amazing, detail, cannot believe it so helpful. As promised here is a set of the hang cleans, looks like i need to really push my hips back even more. But is the starting position ok or too bent over? Thanks again for all this help CT, really appreciate it!

- YouTube This is the last video I will post now until I reach the 100kg. Starting to learn and understand more about the techniques and see a lot of problems. Here is day 4 workout from earlier today. Really enjoying this workout, and I am hoping I understood correctly when I did 1 clean for every 3 over head presses. Thanks again CT! :smiley:

[quote]Charged wrote:
- YouTube This is the last video I will post now until I reach the 100kg. Starting to learn and understand more about the techniques and see a lot of problems. Here is day 4 workout from earlier today. Really enjoying this workout, and I am hoping I understood correctly when I did 1 clean for every 3 over head presses. Thanks again CT! :D[/quote]

It’s not 1 clean for every 3 press… ONE SET is 1 clean + 3 press…nothing more :slight_smile: I don’t want fatigue to come in the way of technical learning.