T Nation

Power Breakfast

Anyone have any Good breakfast meals they wanna share? thanks

Low Crab Toast and Natural Peanut Butter, or Oatmeal with a little cinnamon and unsweetened apple sauce. Both of those sustain me for about 3 hours

Mitch Green

2 or 3 eggs, fried in bacon grease, some sausage or bacon, topped with cheese and some salt. sometimes scrambled omlet style, sometimes sunny side up. if you can have carbs, toss in a piece of bread (healthy stuff of course, sprouted etc.)

that’s usually what i eat, but sometimes i make veggie juice and mix in some cream or protein and fiber.

the fat sticks with me much longer than the veggies, so if i do veggies i try to eat something solid too. eggs are the best!

Breakfast Shake

1-2 bananas
1/2-1 cup of berries
(Any other fruits you want to add)
1 cup oatmeal (dry)
1/2-1 cup cottage cheese
2 scoops protein powder
Water or milk or both to texture you desire.

Blend for a few minutes…the longer the better to get out the lumps.

Mine usually comes out to 5 cups. Depending on how much fruit you put in you can get upwards of 800-900 Cals.

I think it’s essential to get plenty of protein after the overnight fast of sleep. I go for Grow! along with some oatmeal. Fast and good. The protein and fiber keeps me pretty satiated.

MitchG - I’d suggest more protein for breakfast.

3/4C oatmeal
1/2C cottage cheese
squirt of sugar free maple syrup
dash of cinnamon
enjoy!!

Davo,

I just ordered Low Carb Grow so that is definately in my future!

3/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 packet of splenda

LC Grow shake…it’s on

Seminole Chick–if health is on your mind, is cooking eggs in bacon grease the best thing for you?

Mitch G–isn’t your breakfast a C+F meal? Do you eat in accordance to Berardi’s recommendations?

Yesterday’s breakfast was a protein and flax shake, with a burger patty. Today was protein shake with a bowl of Special K berries (kind of a blunder…)

2 scoops chocolate protien powder,1bananna, 2eggs, 1tbsp all natural peanut butter, 1.5 cups of ff milk, scoop instant coffee, and a few ice cubes. Quick and easy and tastes good to boot.
Mikek
Flagstaff AZ

2 eggs mixed with 1/2 cup of rolled oats. Cook it like a pancake. Take 2 more eggs cook them over easy (or hard or whatever). Put them on top of the oatmeal/egg pancake and eat. Option to add protien powder or rasians to the batter.

I usually make enough pancake mix for about 5 - 6 seperate pancakes using about 2 cups of 2% milk. Tastes really good!
Just joking man… though I do that sometimes on the weekend :slight_smile: I usually take down a high calorie protein shake for
breakfest every day.

6 whole eggs scrambled
2 pieces toast w/ butter
1 cup oatmeal cooked with apple sauce and cinnamon
1 cup cottage cheese
big piece of meat - turkey,chicken,beef
choke down some vegetables
flax seed oil

1 cup non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1 scoop vanilla Grow
2/3 cup blueberries

Mix together in bowl. Top with 1/4 cup pressed oats and cinnamon to taste.

Uncle Bruce–that must take a long time to eat. Do you take in (estimate) between 1500 and 2000 kcal for breakfast regularly?

Oat Pancakes

1 cup oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon
2 tbsp low carb syrup

Soak the oats in egg whites overnight. Then, blend the oats, egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla until a thick batter forms. Use a frying pan to make two to three pancakes, top with cinnamon and syrup.

This topic has been rattling around the old brain the past couple of weeks. I go to the gym at 5:30 am, and get up at 5 to eat before I go. I had been having an egg with a piece of light wheat toast pre-gym, with a protein shake made with skim milk immediately after, and then a bowl of oatmeal (mixed with cinnamon and a packet of equal, yummmm) when I get to work an hour and a half later. I am doing the same, with the exception being my egg and toast has now become another protein shake.

Trying to figure out what’s best in the way of protein/carbs/fat with my current routine. These breakfast ideas have given me some food for thought, and I also welcome any feedback, opinions, etc.

Right Side, takes about 35 min to cook and eat.I can eat fast but it’s not a pretty sight. I don’t count calories, I just eat until I can’t eat anymore. I’m 5’9", 175lbs and I don’t have any trouble staying lean no matter what I eat.

There’s nothing unhealthy about bacon grease, at least, if you get the kind without nitrates in it (which is hard to find). sometimes i use butter, but the bacon grease just gives the eggs much more flavor.

occasionally i’ll fry up an apple with the sausage and that is a good breakfast too, but has carbs, which if you’re counting… makes a difference. saturated fat is not evil.

if you don’t have a lot of time in the morning you can get precooked sausage or fry your bacon up the day before. that or just eat it unfried (which is very tasty by the way! slip some on your toast with some cheese…)

oats are a grain, and they should be properly prepared (soaked overnight in something acidic like yogurt/water mixture) to neutralize the phytic acid. but i know there’s debate about that. i just don’t do well with grains anyway, can’t digest them properly and they make me fat. so i don’t eat them hardly at all.

6-8 egg white with 1/2 - 1 cup of Uncooked oatmeal. I usually through in some bananna or raisens and from time to time a table spoon of brown sugar.
Trust me this meal is awesome I have it 4-5 days a week!

JackAss