Powdered BCAAs...

I just received some powdered BCAAs. I know not very convenient and they taste like ass, but I’m cheap. It tones down my PWO shake, but it is easily bearable. In between meals, upon rising, and before bed the crystal light mix covers up the taste pretty well. I tried a shot of them with gatorade and it was pretty harsh. So it has to be diluted a bit more.

My question is can I just mix a pitcher of BCAAs with some crystal light to always have it ready to serve from the fridge? Or will the BCAAs break down over time in water after so many hours? And while I’m at, if the kids got thirsty and drank some of my stash would that be safe?

Good question! I too would like to know the answer to this.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

just make sure that you put it in a shakeable container or pitcher with a screw top that wont open if you “swishel” it…

If you left it in the fridge the powder would most likely sink to the bottom…so…youd wanna make sure each serving is an equal ratio of BCAA’s…otherwise you might be drinking straight crystal light.

BCAA’s are stable in water for for an extended period of time. i have done this as well, very convenient. i would drink the pitcher in a week or so just to be safe, although bcaa’s should remain stable for much longer( shake it good before u drink though). safe for the kids to, but i doubt they would enjoy it.

Good to know this.

Powders are so much more convenient. Sure, it tastes like cr*p, but so what? Most of the time it goes in my Surge anyway.

I wonder why Biotest doesn’t make a BCAA powder???

I’m using ON right now.

Honestly, I’d rather purchase my BCAA powder from Biotest - I’ve learned an awful lot just poking around T-Nation, and I’d like to support it as much as I can.

Cheers!

Yeah this is working well in a 3 quart shakeable bottle. Then this also fills the need to take some if you awake in the middle of the night. Pour my a nice pink lemonade crystal lite, BCAA mix by my bedside. Upon waking in the middle of the night just drink something instead of having to pop some pills. I find myself drinking it throughout the day.

Very convenient. 3 quarts water and some knock off crytal lite with 20g BCAA. Drink it in about 24 hours. This is in addition to my 10g around workouts and the 5.5g I have in every scoop of my whey.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
I’m using ON right now.

Honestly, I’d rather purchase my BCAA powder from Biotest - I’ve learned an awful lot just poking around T-Nation, and I’d like to support it as much as I can.

Cheers!

[/quote]

Well, in another thread, Bill Roberts chimed in and said that Biotest could not beat the price of Superior Nutraceutical’s Branched Chain Amino Acid powder, and as far as he knew the quality of Superior was excellent too, so instead of putting out a product thats more expensive and no better than whats already out there, Biotest made the most affordable, most concentrated tablet form of BCAA instead.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
I’m using ON right now.

Cheers!

[/quote]

I would too. I actually have purchased their BCAA’s but I enjoy the convenience and taste of the mix in my workout drink.