T Nation

Powda's Rant

I went to the gym today and sadly someone was hogging the power rack (I don’t like squat cages) doing who knows what. So instead of complaining I decided I’d just throw up a 1RM on my bench for the first time in awhille.

Previously my record was set at 340lbs in February (on my sprained wrist nonetheless) when I was really fat, one week into a 1-ad cycle, and weighing in at around 225lbs.

Today; weighing in at around 203 I put up 345 (at the end of 3 weeks 1-ad but at a lower dosage) EASILY. I tried 350 but I could not even get the bar off my chest since I hadn’t quite rested long enough. But considering everything this semester (my bench was under 300 when I started), I have made excellent progress. Even my squats have gone from 235 for 10x3 to 280 for 10x3. I finally am deadlifting 275 for 4x6; and I weigh about 8lbs more with 1.5-2" (36 to 34) less on my waist. I’m also only at about 13.6% bodyfat (based on underwater weighing). Also my back has filled out (up to y’all if you want a picture of it) and my love handles are shrinking.

But PUTTING ALL THIS ASIDE it’s not my progress in the gym and my body composition that I’m happy with. It’s the fact that I’ve grown up and I had the first FUN semester of college. I realized what I’ve missed out on these last few years by being a pussy and not partying and trying to ensconce myself in my own little world of the weight room and the internet.

Maybe I’m doing somethings which aren’t the best (lets not go into my “escapades” this weekend) but I’m trying to let loose and I’ve more or less conquered my fear of people. While I was just a cocky nice guy before; I’m not as cocky anymore b/c I don’t feel I have anything to prove. I’m just confident (though there’s a directly proportional relationship between how ugly a girl is and how cocky she thinks I am).

Ok Rant done.
Fire away (and I’ll post a back picture if you want).
Jason

I’m glad you’ve finally ‘grown up’ but this is about your third post to let us know you now drink and aren’t so anal about your nutrition.

And your last comment about the ugliness quotient shows maaybe you haven’t quite conquered the cockiness as you have suggested.

Keep lifting–Keep growing

“Our babies all growns up”

I just could have lived without the image of Jason’s love handles.
Shrinking or not.

Not nearly as distressing as the image of him in a kitchen chair with his own money shot on his chin, Barney playing on the tv in front of him.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
Shrinking or not.

Not nearly as distressing as the image of him in a kitchen chair with his own money shot on his chin, Barney playing on the tv in front of him.
[/quote]

JW

Please try and refrain from bringing this up again–it is MOST disturbing!

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
Shrinking or not.

JW

Please try and refrain from bringing this up again–it is MOST disturbing![/quote]

I know it is. But dammit, it’s stuck in my head…and I’m not gonna be miserable alone.
:wink:

You must have some skinny legs with squat and deadlift numbers like that. Why do you bench more than you deadlift and squat?

In case you didn’t notice…I posted my 1RM for bench; whereas my squat and deadlits are for the 10x3 method. I can only do 260-265 for 10x3 on bench whereas I can do 280 or more on squats; and I do 275 for 4x6 (probably 280-290 for 10x3) on deads.

Good for you for losening up Powda. I spent my first three years at Uni living and breathing school and training (for FB). Finally I realized that I was gonna graduate without any of the fun stories that all my friends had. So I made a pointed effort to lighten up and the last two years of my university career (graduating this june thank you very much) have been some of the most fun of my life.

Now I just need to get better at the lookin good neked thing and I’ll be set.

Is that .9 of a banana in your pants… or are you just happy to see me?

Creidem you’re so right. That was me before. I did not have any fun. I would start explaining to people how alcohol lowers testosterone levels and indirectly raises LH levels when they drank alcohol. Obviously people stopped making eye contact after awhile and instead stared at their Corona. All I’m really ranting about is that you can STILL get results without obsessing. If you’ve been doing this long enough you should know what’s proper and what’s not; as in eat around the same amount of calories for 5-6 meals a day making allowance for nutrient timing and post-workout nutrition. Just keep up with it and don’t give up and you’ll get to your goals. Maybe you won’t get there as fast; but you won’t break down as much. I honestly have the best stories of my college career just from this weekend alone and it’s just the beginning. Everytime I go out and get drunk now something seems to “happen.”

I think I just finally grew tired of sitting around proclaiming that I am living this wonderful life b/c “I’m going to get bigger faster than you,” while my friends were creating memories they’ll never forget for the rest of their lives. Maybe it means it’ll take an extra year for me to graduate but why should I really care? I’m in a strategically advisable position and enjoying it.

Also I can lift a lot of weight and it really annoys me when some people get on my case b/c I try my best; I lift my ass off and I eat a solid diet. If that’s not enough to appease most of you well then FUCK OFF (I’m not talking to anyone directly; rather I’m correlating this statement to all the shit I receive daily). Maybe I post too many pictures and ask for criqitues and worry about the micro instead of the macro. I agree that I have yet to achieve a level of development that would require specialization.

I just need to 1) EAT 2) LIFT 3) Sleep 4) Wake up next to some blonde bimbo 5) Repeat. Sorry if I’m not ready for a contest; I could probably look OK (thought not exceptional) for a beginners level show if I cut my bodyfat down by 6 points. And eventually I might do that; but for right now I’m not a bodybuilder. I want to look good naked and get laid by lots or hot girls and then eventually if the right one comes along I’ll settle down with her and put my glutes to use every night. That’s my goal; as succinct as possible; to look good. Yes I feel elated when I set a new PR; but it pales in comaparison to having the best-looking girl in the club eyeballing you and knowing you can have her; and that it’s all b/c of your dedication to improving yourself.
That completes Rant #2.
~Powda

JESUS CHRIST!that sounds so sweet.Your mom must be so proud of you.If you call going out to a club growing up,I’d hate to see your childhood.

Spongebob SQUAREpants,lol

PS. Dont get youst to it,its not all its cracked up to be.Some of us would kill for peace of mind like that.I’m still searching for it.

did powda just say he wanted to find the right person to settle down with and put his glutes to use every night?

PP, your double life is showing through, bud!

And the reason his dead and squat numbers are so pitiful is that he really is a “curl and bencher”.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Also I can lift a lot of weight and it really annoys me when some people get on my case b/c I try my best; I lift my ass off and I eat a solid diet. If that’s not enough to appease most of you well then FUCK OFF (I’m not talking to anyone directly; rather I’m correlating this statement to all the shit I receive daily). Maybe I post too many pictures and ask for criqitues and worry about the micro instead of the macro. I agree that I have yet to achieve a level of development that would require specialization.
~Powda[/quote]

Dude, you haven’t even gotten to the point of worrying about generalization.
Trust me.
Deadlift heavy, good form–none of this turning it into a stiff legged heave–squat heavy, eat some steak and stop already!

Powda, sounds like you are going through some personal epiphanies. I doubt you will get a lot of support or anything around these parts, but hey, it sounds like you are going in the right direction.

Don’t forget, when things “happen” all the time, sometimes it isn’t good stuff. Just keep your head on your shoulders, keep lifting, keep enjoying your schooling years.

(sing-song voice)
Powda got la-id, Powda got la-id…

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
(sing-song voice)
Powda got la-id, Powda got la-id…

[/quote]

OoOoOo

You think life is good now, just wait until you start making a bunch of money, have everything you want, and can still get laid, lift weights, and goof off. Thats fun. College is usualy a prety good time, but it gets better.

Whats up with the money shot on the chin thing? I must have missed that.

Good for you, man. Don’t know your history, but from what I can gather it’s about damn time! College is blast. We can never get these years back.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
…Not nearly as distressing as the image of him in a kitchen chair with his own money shot on his chin, Barney playing on the tv in front of him…
[/quote]

I know that I’m really, really, really going to regret asking this, but can someone give me a link to where this was mentioned? It’s sort of like a big bolus of blood flowing out of a massive bus accident–you know the image is going to haunt you, but you just have to look.

~Terumo