Poundstone Vid

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
masonator wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
poundstone can do what he wants cause

A) its true
B) what are you going to do about it?

2 good points lol

That status did smell of douchebaggery, but that doesn’t mean he’s a douche.

didnt he have a 30 point lead over everyone during his last strongman comp? or something like that? if you did that, your head would get a little big too.

plus thats just how some people are. instead of getting all pouty about it, why dont you focus on making yourself a future legend? someone is always going to be the best, get over it.[/quote]

I was agreeing with you. I said the status was douche but he’s not.

masonator wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

A) its true

2 good points lol

didnt he have a 30 point lead over everyone during his last strongman comp? or something like that? if you did that, your head would get a little big too.

plus thats just how some people are. instead of getting all pouty about it, why dont you focus on making yourself a future legend? someone is always going to be the best, get over it.[/quote]

[quote]masonator wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
masonator wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

A) its true

2 good points lol

plus thats just how some people are. instead of getting all pouty about it, why dont you focus on making yourself a future legend? someone is always going to be the best, get over it.

[/quote]

word, i was just kind of ellaborating further :wink:

Actually his last win (Arnold’s Strongest Man) was a close one. I believe that Poundstone was in second place until the final event, and just nudged out Misha for the win. Still, you have to have the confidence that you can win in order to win. I doubt you find too many top champs that think they “might” win.

I can tell you for certain that Mariusz doesn’t question his ability to dominate, he KNOWS he is going to come out on top. Even when it doesn’t happen, I don’t think that shakes his confidence, I think he analyzes what went wrong and then re-establishes himself. You can see that in the way he went from being crappy on Fingal Fingers to putting up a time that was something like 30 seconds faster the following year.

[quote]Andrew.Cook wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Poundstone had his facebook status as “Derek Poundstone is a legend in the making”.

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche.

Yeah, because the last time you kicked his butt at The Arnold, and Fortissimus, and WSM… oh wait, that’s right, you weren’t even there.

Seriously, Derek is a good guy. In fact, I’ve yet to meet any pro strongmen that aren’t just normal guys outside of competition. The overwhelming lack of jerks was a major draw for me when I started competing… but there is always at least one in the crowd. [/quote]

Suck a dick, I don’t have to be a pro strongman to call him out on a douche-tastic move. He’s a great strongman but calling yourself a legend is a pretty asshat move (fine, he may not be a douche but it’s a douche move).

I’m sure he’s a fine guy as are most of the strongmen I’ve met but I’d call them out if they were doing the same thing.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Andrew.Cook wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Poundstone had his facebook status as “Derek Poundstone is a legend in the making”.

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche.

Yeah, because the last time you kicked his butt at The Arnold, and Fortissimus, and WSM… oh wait, that’s right, you weren’t even there.

Seriously, Derek is a good guy. In fact, I’ve yet to meet any pro strongmen that aren’t just normal guys outside of competition. The overwhelming lack of jerks was a major draw for me when I started competing… but there is always at least one in the crowd.

Suck a dick, I don’t have to be a pro strongman to call him out on a douche-tastic move. He’s a great strongman but calling yourself a legend is a pretty asshat move (fine, he may not be a douche but it’s a douche move).

I’m sure he’s a fine guy as are most of the strongmen I’ve met but I’d call them out if they were doing the same thing. [/quote]

The whole “calling out” thing is so over-done. Enough already.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

I’m sure he’s a fine guy as are most of the strongmen I’ve met but I’d call them out if they were doing the same thing. [/quote]

You done being “cool?”

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche. [/quote]

I think his facebook may also be run by his gf, so that may not have been him posting it…