T Nation

Poundstone Vid

Really good vid.

Awesome. Poundstone is the fucking man.

Poundstone had his facebook status as “Derek Poundstone is a legend in the making”.

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche.

It only seems like he’s a douche because it’s fucking true. If he were a 14 year old kid that was getting into lifting, we’d applaud the arrogance.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
It only seems like he’s a douche because it’s fucking true. If he were a 14 year old kid that was getting into lifting, we’d applaud the arrogance.[/quote]

No.

Maybe it’s just me then.

Not understanding the hate for Poundstone. I’ve seen him compete in person twice now, and the guy is well-rounded in every event I’ve seen. I’ve also met him each time and he’s more than nice. He talked with my friends and I for a while.

I think it’s great to have confidence. Everybody praises Kaz and he’s one of the cockiest mofos to ever live. It’s nice to see a strong American that has the possibility of pulling down a few WSM titles.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Poundstone had his facebook status as “Derek Poundstone is a legend in the making”.

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche. [/quote]

Perhaps this is his way of getting himself motivated, like telling everone you’re going to quit smoking so that you HAVE to follow through. If he fails to become a legend, I’m sure there are plenty of people who are going to call him out on it. Perhaps that’s the reasoning behind his attitude in this regard.

There’s a fine line between cocky and confident, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

[quote]ultimatethor wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

Perhaps this is his way of getting himself motivated, like telling everone you’re going to quit smoking so that you HAVE to follow through. If he fails to become a legend, I’m sure there are plenty of people who are going to call him out on it. Perhaps that’s the reasoning behind his attitude in this regard.

There’s a fine line between cocky and confident, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.[/quote]

or maybe he needs to pay the bills and understands that people don’t pay as much to watch boring lame fucks

[quote]ultimatethor wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

There’s a fine line between cocky and confident, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.[/quote]

I think to be the best you have to have high confidence levels, in some cases this verges on arrogance. If he didnt think he was the best then i think he’d struggle in competition.

who cares, he’s a strong dude and entertaining. If he doesn’t become a “legend” then no one will remember him anyway.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

If you have to declare yourself a legend you’re a douche. [/quote]

Yeah, because the last time you kicked his butt at The Arnold, and Fortissimus, and WSM… oh wait, that’s right, you weren’t even there.

Seriously, Derek is a good guy. In fact, I’ve yet to meet any pro strongmen that aren’t just normal guys outside of competition. The overwhelming lack of jerks was a major draw for me when I started competing… but there is always at least one in the crowd.

I also had the chance to meet him. He did a seminar at my school, and talked about how he got his life together; working hard to achieve success. Very outstanding character, and he seemed very nice.

poundstone is the man…

Badass video, Im a huge Pudz fan But will be rooting for Derek This year.

This guy seems really cool. I watched 10 other videos of him along with the OP’s linked one. And he is pretty damn intense.

I certainly wouldn’t label him a douche because of a facebook status.

poundstone can do what he wants cause

A) its true
B) what are you going to do about it?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

A) its true
B) what are you going to do about it?[/quote]

2 good points lol

That status did smell of douchebaggery, but that doesn’t mean he’s a douche.

He’s also a cop. Just throwing that out there.

[quote]masonator wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

A) its true
B) what are you going to do about it?

2 good points lol

That status did smell of douchebaggery, but that doesn’t mean he’s a douche.[/quote]

didnt he have a 30 point lead over everyone during his last strongman comp? or something like that? if you did that, your head would get a little big too.

plus thats just how some people are. instead of getting all pouty about it, why dont you focus on making yourself a future legend? someone is always going to be the best, get over it.