Pounds Per Inch of Waist

I want (and need) to slim down my waist, and am wondering how many pounds I would need to lose in order for it to shrink each inch.

I realize this varies from person to person, but getting an idea of what to expect would be helpful.

Dont be so vague.

give us your stats, weight, height, etc

present work out and how long

Diet

Details

You can’t measure that; the variables are too vague. Look up practices to perfect the “vacuum technique”. This will be the most immediate help. Otherwise, less carbs and more protein in the mean time time and good form performing heavy lifts with cardio assistance either early in the morning when you first wake up or immediately after your workouts in interval form, going from high intensity to low intensity while working on increasing the time of high intensity and decreasing the time of low intensity. Sorry but this is the most succinct advice I can give in the amount of time I’m willing to contribute. Good luck, your likely to get flamed in the next couple posts.

I’ll play (just for fun):

Looking back on old logs some time ago (when I was much fatter):

When I dropped from 40" waist (largest part…not pant size) to 36", I lost 21lbs of bodyweight. Majority of bodyweight lost was fat. So roughly 5lbs of fat loss for to reduce waist by 1".

For me (and probably most others too), when I get much leaner, the losses on the scale translates to less drops in waist circumference. E.g. Dropping from 36" to 34" took a loss of ~14lbs. So the closer I get to 30", the more the scale had to drop for every inch (7lbs+)

i was just thinking about my transformation over the last 18 months in relation to this.

i have gone from a 42+" waist down to around 33" at present with around a 22kg (48lbs) fat loss. change in waist circ and weight loss weren’t necasarily linear but on my numbers we are looking at around 5lbs per inch.

A friend who works in weight management reckons it’s about 2kg per inch for men or equally women with male pattern obesity.

[quote]Bmacres wrote:
your likely to get flamed in the next couple posts.[/quote]
FLAME, FLAME, FLAME, Rabble, Rabble, Rabble.

[quote]big nurse wrote:
i have gone from a 42+" waist down to around 33" at present with around a 22kg (48lbs) fat loss. change in waist circ and weight loss weren’t necasarily linear but on my numbers we are looking at around 5lbs per inch.[/quote]
^Good Post^

@OP, probably the best your going to get with this silly OP.

EDIT…

I was going to add (forgot at the time) that waist circumference is a better individual measurement in terms of health metrics than almost any other easy ‘home’ measurement ie better than absolute weight and/or BMI .

Numbers on waist circumference seem to be a good predictor of health/disease eg that over 34" waist the risks of diabetes/stroke /hear disease all rise quite rapidly and in a way setting a personal target of a given waist size is a better health related goal than weight which is much more variable depending on things like water balance, nutritional status and muscle glycogen.

Just a personal pointer…my ‘instant guide’ to ow i am doing isn’t weight (which bounces up and down like a pole dancers tits) but how loose/tight my work pants belt is, looser means losing waist circ, tighter means fatter.

for me i lost 30lbs and with it 7 inches roughly 1 inch per 4lbs

yes, I was going to say about 5 pounds per inch- same thing for me and I am female. I went from 32-28" for about 20 pounds. In high school I was 24" and 12 pounds lighter than at 28" so that’s 3 pounds per inch.

Just to reiterate what’s been said so far, there are a few variables that change things, most significantly is muscle built compared to fat lost. As the saying goes, if you lose 10 pounds of fat and build 10 pounds of muscle, you’ll look drastically different but you won’t have lost any “bodyweight.”

If it’s really bugging you though, take a look through the V-Diet Before and After Photos forum. Lots of well-documented data there. For example:

Dropped 37 pounds and 6 inches on the waist. 6 pounds per inch.

Dropped about 13 pounds and about 3 inches on the waist. 4 pounds per inch.

Dropped about 8 1/2 pounds and 4 1/2 inches on the waist. 2 pounds per inch.

So, yeah, there’s really no reliable rule of thumb here.