Potential Problems/Challenges on TRT for Years?

WHat are the potential problems i most likely will run into after years on trt? read a statement from ‘Hostile’ in a thread where he said ‘That’s the least of the potential challenges you’ll likely encounter down the trt rabbit hole’. The least that he is refering to here was the price of the test vials. Hope its ok to refer to you on this question Hostile.

im 35 and my test is not getting any better as the years goes on,have been thinking alot about trt.

Low T for most men is a symptom of dysfunction, that’s being presented as low T, i.e. it’s usually being caused by something else. Typically men will treat their low T without finding the root cause and will not address the main problem. They’ll then feel better for a couple of weeks and may still not feel good, even after getting dialed in.

Many guys never even get dialed in because of inexperienced doctors and the need to self educate and run your own independent blood tests. Many struggle the most with controlling their e2 because without patience and diligent dosing and follow up testing, many symptoms of low e and high e are similar while you’re experiencing them, making it very hard to differentiate.

A lot of guys likely have thyroid, adrenal, gut, chronic inflammation issues that result in low T.

1 Like

Yes i have a thyroid issue that need to be adressed,but as i said in the post on pharma-section i have read several guys that went on trt or cycle of test for 12-16 weeks that where hyperthyroid like myself,got stabilised on the cycle and also when they got off,but i dunno?

Running bloodtests and controling e2 is the key to get dialed in right? my doc doesnt know shit about this but getting bloodwork is no problem for me,i know symptoms of low and high e2 is very much the same. So if i get the thyroid-issue solved,running bloodwork every 5. week and tweaking e2 to the right spot with anastrozole i will for sure get myself dialed in right? im thinking of 150mg a week and maybe blast 500mg for some weeks now and then if i choose trt.

Is there any long therm issues of anastrozole-use over many years? If i decide to go the trt-route i have to use this AI as long as im on trt right?
I want to run a 250-500mg 12-16 weeks and do pct before any trt-decision,but im not sure its safe to do when im hyperthyroid? Thanks for helping me out Hostile!

1 Like

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Long-term Arimidex use (20 years+) is also something I’m not sure I’m comfortable with… Are there any studies on that subject? How about studies on longterm TRT?

The conservative route (keeping test levels in the 600-700s) should actually be safe in my opinion, also with that levels and the required dosage (for most max. 100mg test/week) there should be no need for an AI as long as body fat is low and the individual is not a hyper-aromatizer.

I’ve been on TRT only for about 7 months, but I’m not going the conservative route, since I feel better with test levels in the 1000-1200 range (for me that requires 80mg twice a week), in terms of energy and strength in the gym. With that level I need a slight amount of an AI (0,25mg peer week). Also I’ll incorporate a blast here and there (400mg/week for 12-16 weeks) for aesthetic reasons. Compared to what most bodybuilders are doing this is still very conservative, however, I still know that I’m potentially harming my long-term health…

Sorry for late reply.
KSman: I’ll read up on those thanks.

john_german: I read most do 0,25mg once or twice a week at the most and go by feel by that,so ill start 0,25mg of arimidex when time comes for starting the test,most likely i will not need more than 0,25mg a week,most likely less because i will use only 1ml of test a week,thats 250mg/ml and about 170mg biavaliable due to ester-loss of 30%. Good luck on your test route bro.