T Nation

Potential New IPF Rules

Sounds like the IPF is trying to push us to take steroids. Maybe they own shares in drug companies, this is like reverse psychology marketing.

Maybe it is growing, but in Ontario, there must be more CPU meets in the next 3 months than CPF meets on their website for all of 2018.

Yeah, there are a lot of masochistic fools around here.

That’s bullshit by the way, I just checked both the OPA and CPU sites and there are 5 more meets in total in Ontario, which for some reason they can’t list all in one place.
CPF has 3 more in Ontario.

Are you some kind of IPF groupie? You’re starting to make me wonder

Lol I have no idea why I thought that lol I just checked too. Oh well I look really dumb now. And no I’m not an ipf groupie😂

These days I’m leaning towards feds that use a monolift and safety straps. Even if you don’t use a monolift in training you can still walk it out in the meet. Otherwise throw in some teenage girls and malnourished little boys as spotters and you end up with this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo7e0_AB5aJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=cavnx249nc4n&fbclid=IwAR2Xeb-DvwUkklqzUtNmkqqEJQcu-nBVWcPKEYS9lAInBwiwCJJBu7o4PuE

Flat as possible is not going to be enforceable. It is going to turn a objective lift into a beauty pageant. I don’t like the way your bench looks, so it doesn’t count.

IPF are going to look at something like this and poo themselves over how they think IOC might interpret it.

Was hoping for an update on the Wilks thing. Also if they make a new Wilks and change the Bench rule I am curious how (if at all) they account for that?

Wasnt Wilks supposed to be updated yearly anyways?

Just heard that Mark Bell just spent $253,000 to get his gear approved for IPF competition. LOL… oh the irony.

You get banned if you wear his stuff though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Presumably, Mark Bell cant attend an IPF event but his products can? Lol

Money talks… :wink:

Who gets this money anyway? Is this how it normally works in the IPF? Can’t they just have a few IPF powerlifters try it on and see how it works, then make a determination if it is legal or not?

Or am I missing the important part of the process, such as a conversation like…

“I want my products to be IPF-sanctioned. Here, take this cash and tell me that it can be so.”

actually the irony being the IPF has such a hard on about doping since they are kissing the IOCs
ass at the moment. What is humorous is that they would want any connection with Bell in any form, even if its only having his stuff approved for competitive use.

This is something I pointed out before, IPF rules strictly forbid anyone affiliated with the IPF and any of their meets from using steroids but Mark Bell (who openly admits to steroid use) sponsors the Arnold and his gear is approved. Nothing against Mark, but the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

That’s exactly what it is.

Maybe they care more about lining their own pockets than making it to the Olympics.

This is hilarious and I agree. But IPF has got to pay its event somehow and it seems money talks. It is quite astounding that on the one hand they accept sponsorship/gear from someone who openly admits to PEDs, but on the other they ban any athlete who would just attend an event (not even a competition) by Ed Coan.

Then again, Mark Bell never competed in the IPF and more importantly never received a ban for being caught with PEDs in the IPF. Seems like IPF still have some beef with the GOAT.

That and they can see that it’s not going to happen anytime soon

Please. The IOC got rid of wrestling in favor of ribbon twirling. They don’t want something as macho as powerlifting.