T Nation

Potential Gains With Steroids

I’d be interested in hearing others lean weight and strength increases from pre-steroids to post-steroids.

Myself;

Pre-steroids (Sept 07):

30, 6’3, 230 lbs, 8% bf (211 lean mass)
Flat Bench 265 x 6
Shoulder Press 165 x 6
Pull-Downs 200 x 6

Post-steroids (May 08):

31, 6’3, 254 lbs, 10% bf (228 lean mass, 8% increase)
Flat Bench 305 x 6 (15% increase)
Shoulder Press 205 x 6 (24% increase)
Pull-Downs 230 x 6 (15% increase)

This is from being on between 100-200mg HRT doses of test over 8 months, with some HCG thrown in here and there. A few weeks ago I added 100mg per week of Deca along side 100mg test prop per week. I may add 100mg per week TBol shortly as a boost here and there.

I believe I was pretty close to my natural maxes as I had stalled for years around those numbers.

Obviously these numbers will increase as time goes by, alongside any increases in dosages. I imagine many of you will have much higher percent increases from being on longer and higher.

I have no squat or deadlift numbers sadly as I have a bad back and generally substitute one legged versions to save the stress.

[quote]Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
I’d be interested in hearing others lean weight and strength increases from pre-steroids to post-steroids.

Myself;

Pre-steroids (Sept 07):

30, 6’3, 230 lbs, 8% bf (211 lean mass)
Flat Bench 265 x 6
Shoulder Press 165 x 6
Pull-Downs 200 x 6

Post-steroids (May 08):

31, 6’3, 254 lbs, 10% bf (228 lean mass, 8% increase)
Flat Bench 305 x 6 (15% increase)
Shoulder Press 205 x 6 (24% increase)
Pull-Downs 230 x 6 (15% increase)

This is from being on between 100-200mg HRT doses of test over 8 months, with some HCG thrown in here and there. A few weeks ago I added 100mg per week of Deca along side 100mg test prop per week. I may add 100mg per week TBol shortly as a boost here and there.

I believe I was pretty close to my natural maxes as I had stalled for years around those numbers.

Obviously these numbers will increase as time goes by, alongside any increases in dosages. I imagine many of you will have much higher percent increases from being on longer and higher.

I have no squat or deadlift numbers sadly as I have a bad back and generally substitute one legged versions to save the stress.[/quote]

MINE:

Pre-steroids (Feb 08):

46, 6’2, 210 lbs, 12% bf
Flat Bench 275 x 2

Post-steroids (May 08):

46, 6’2, 220 lbs, 10% bf
Flat Bench 300 x 3

This is from an 8 week cycle of Deca/Var/Primo.

Deca went 8 weeks
1-4 200mg/wk
5-8 350-400mg/wk

Var was 40mg/day for 6 weeks

Primo was 200mg/week for weeks 4-8

PCT was Clo/Nolv at

50/40
50/40
50/20
50/20 SO Far>>> I have two weeks of Clomid left…

I ate like an MF’r on cycle but very clean calories at about 4000/day

I did 3 days/week of 25 min hard cardio on cycle

I got to 225 but have leaned out since going on PCT to 220.

I am still as strong as peak cycle…NO sides AT ALL!

I can’t wait for my next one.
iaan

IAAN, nice progress.

Something I’ve pondered is what are the approximate maximums one can hope for when using performance enhancing drugs. Everyone is differant but a ball-park figure would be interesting based on real person data.

I’ve seen some people blow up on steroids and others only achieve minor gains, so obviously there are no hard fast rules here.

Looking at data from the GDR in the 70’s/80’s shot putters and discus throwing could expect to gain 10-20% on their throws over a 4 year olympic cycle when enhanced.

Some examples; turning a 300lbs bencher in to a 400lbs bencher, or 400 to 500, going from 200lbs to 250lbs in body weight, or even 250 to 300.

I think it would be unrealistic for one to expect steroids to give them 300lbs on their bench or 100lbs in bodyweight. Steroids allow one to use their “ace card” to allow continued improvement, or turn a good athlete in to a great athlete, or a great athlete in to a hall of famer.

Any before and after numbers people would like to share? I thought it would be interesting seeing the before and after numbers of pre and post use.

It’s a good reflection on the potential steroids have as ergogenic aids. I know a lot of people have asked. “How much weight will I gain?” or “How much stronger will I get?”. Some real work data would provide useful.

Cannot give specific numbers but I’m pleased to say I’m stronger now than I was last summer at the end of my last cycle. About to start a cycle in a week or so. Since is very tough to keep when you come off. With the taper method you can keep most of your size and weight if you do everything properly. But strength suffers a proportionally greater loss.

The one thing which will skyrocket your strength if you train properly is tren, specifically tren ace. Within 3 weeks of your first inject you can see massive boasts and after six weeks I almost would not be surprised to see a 300 bencher approaching 400, I’m not kidding at all.

Tren really intriques me, both the strength and body comp changes. I’m a little weary of using it due to having a history of depression and acne.

50-100mg Masteron a week reeked havoc on my bacne. My skin is still recovering since over a month ago. I heard tren is particularily bad for that.

I’m using deca alongside cabergoline to prevent sexual sides so perhaps tren wouldn’t have many problems if I took the same precautions wrt mood.

Stronger than ever, bigger than ever, still loads left in the tank.

I am ~40lbs of muscle above my un-trained set point (known due to an illness that stopped me training and eating like a BB a year ago), and i have a hell of a lot more in me, i just know it.

I cant say before steroids and after as i tried them at 18, i have used them many times and lost everything more than once due to other drug issues. It has been a journey of over 10 years to get here, but steroids have helped, of that i am positive. I have been much more sporadic than many of you in my use though (but more regular than others i guess too).

Joe