Beginning 1.5 time - 13:34
Last recorded 1.5 time - 11:22

Best lifts
Back squat - 3x 300
Deadlift - 5x 345
Trap bar lift - 1x 430
Bench press - 2x 180

GOALS:
#1(a) Run 1.5 miles well under 11:30, #1(b) prepare body for running longer distances
#2 Maintain/possibly improve lifting numbers
#3 always need to stay over 2 pull ups and 50 sit ups

THE PLAN:

Saturday
7-9 am - 4-6 mile run, calisthenics

6pm-7pm - lifting
3x5 squats
3x5 bench press
3x5 pull ups
1x5 deadlifts

Sunday
rest

Monday
morning lifting
3x5 squats
rotate with saturday’s horizontal/vertical push/pull to maintain healthy shoulders

afternoon/night short run(timed 1.5 mile run or hills)

Tuesday
medium run (timed 3.3 mile run or hills)
max sit ups in 2 minutes

Wednesday
3x5 squats @ 70% of weight used on monday
3x5 overhead press
3x6-8 cable rows or dumbell rows

Thursday
4-6 mile run, calisthenics

Friday
rest

Ok so, my main concern is that improving 1.5 mile run time is my main goal but I am only running it once a week. I could run the 1.5 twice a week if I take out the medium run on Tuesday. I have heard though, from people with running experience, that longer runs prepare you for shorter runs pretty well, if that is true, then a long run would help accomplish both goals #1(a) and #1(b) where as a short run would only improve #1(a).

Possible structures for long/short runs. 1 short run and 3 long runs per week, OR 2 short runs and 2 long runs per week, OR 3 short runs and 2 long runs per week( 2 short runs on tuesday, 1 in am and 1 in the pm).

Day 1
6/14/10

Squats
3x5 102.2kg

Overhead press
3x5 42.2kg

notes: retarded cause i was suppose to put 52.2kg on the bar

cable rows
3x8 7 plates

extra shit:
vertical pulling:
1x5 chin ups
5x3 pull ups

notes: need to transition from chin ups to pull ups because chin ups aggravate this weird upperback injury

6/14/10

Short run

Couldn’t do the timed 1.5 because I didn’t have access to a car so I just did hills around the neighborhood. Only about 15 minutes of running today.

6/15/10

Pull ups
~10x2
~10x1
5x2

Inclined Push ups
~6x5
2x5

notes: pull ups were easy, non exhaustive sets as I try to ease into these, trying to do something like Pavel’s Ladder now that I can do pull ups at home. Push ups for balance.

Medium run
Hills, ~45 minutes

notes: Easier than last time, still pretty tough over all though

sit ups in 2 mins

6/16/10

Pull ups
2x2
3x1
2x4
2x3
2x2
1x1
3x2 negatives

No PT tomorrow so I did some light deadlifts today to work on form

Squats
3x5 70kg

Strict Press
3x5 51kg

Deadlifts
1x5 275
1x2 315

notes: made sure form was strict, form was bad last saturday

Definitely noticing an improvement already on pull ups. Saturday I struggled to crank out 1, albeit I was tired. Today I did 4 on my first set pretty easily, had to fight a little to finish the 4th rep but overall I am happy with this. My hands are kind of taking a beating from my home pull up bar because the bar isn’t fixed and it can spin, so instead of just my palms being calloused the whole inside of my hands are getting rough :slight_smile:

Hmm. Interesting goals. Two questions: Can you put starting stats in your first post? age, weight, height, and starting 1.5 mile time? and 2nd why are some weights in lbs and some in kg?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Hmm. Interesting goals. Two questions: Can you put starting stats in your first post? age, weight, height, and starting 1.5 mile time? and 2nd why are some weights in lbs and some in kg?[/quote]

Im in Mexico right now, but I am American. The gym has kg weights but my deadlifting set up is at home so I use lbs. Even in Mexican gyms they don’t let you deadlift :confused:

I will try better to put kg or lbs at the end of measurements

6/17

Pull ups
4x4
4x3
2x2

notes: these were either assisted or assisted-negative(assisted on the way up, negatives on the way down). Working on pulling the bar apart instead of pulling myself up to the bar.

Inclined Push ups

6x5

Saturday:
No morning PT, competition vs another RSS. Worked after that, no time to lift.

Sunday:
Worked from 6 to 9, too exhausted to run.

6/21/10

Squats
3x5 105kg

Pull ups
5x3 assisted

notes: getting better at using my back to pull

push ups
3x10

notes: too many people on the single bench station there. did these with hands elevated

6/22/10

Pull ups
5x3 assisted
1x3
1x2

Notes: the 1x3 and 1x2 were real pull ups using my back. I’m getting there.

6/24/10
Thursday PT
did a short run(about a mile), a fucking exhausting workout for an hour(lots of high knees, buttkickers, sprawls, squat jumps, sprinting up bleachers, etc.), then ~2 mile run

notes: I was happy with this run because I was able to stay with the fast group which was a first.

Kind of a lazy week. Didn’t run Tuesday or lift Saturday/Wednesday. No PT tomorrow morning so I will just do a medium to long run, then I will lift later in the day.

6/24/10
Thursday PT
did a short run(about a mile), a fucking exhausting workout for an hour(lots of high knees, buttkickers, sprawls, squat jumps, sprinting up bleachers, etc.), then ~2 mile run

notes: I was happy with this run because I was able to stay with the fast group which was a first.

6/26/10

Medium run
~40 minutes

Pull ups
3x5

inclined push ups
3x5

some sprints/broad jumps for shits and giggles

Not the best day, gym was closed. I really need to buy equipment when I get paid so I don’t have to rely on this gym. It’s just a small hole in the wall in mexico so it is closed randomly and has really sketchy equipment. I even have to squat on carpet :confused:

6/27/10

Pull ups
2x4
3x3
1x3
1x2
2x3
3x2

Grip stuff

20, 12, 7 with the trainer

1x5 with #1
1x4 with #1
1x5 with #1

notes: a few weeks ago i couldnt even close the #1 with my left hand once. I guess pull ups are really helping since i don’t use these much.

Fucked around with broad jumps and sled drags. Found an old tire with a rim in it so I loaded it up with tons of bricks and rocks. Surprisingly it got pretty heavy so I did some sprints with it.

Best broad jump was about 7’10, shitty I know :confused:

6/28/10

Short run with sprints for my life

notes: almost got attacked by a stray dog

Squats
5, 3, 4, 3 110kg

notes: will go for 3x5 at 110kg next time

Dumbbell press
3x6 not sure of the weight cause it wasn’t numbered

Chin up/Wide grip pull up/neutral grip
5, 3, 5
4, 2, 3

notes: still amazed i can do wide grip pull ups

cable curls
12, 10, 9 at 7 plates

notes: for elbow health, been noticing a small bit of elbow pain

6/30/10

Overhead Press
1x5 110lbs
3x5 115lbs

Squats
3x5 170lbs

Inverted Rows with elevated feet
12, 11, 11

notes: forearm pump from these, that was a first.

Might have to switch things around with this new home setup to do heavy back squats. I had some issues unracking just 170lbs. If I can’t unrack heavier weights I can just switch up the set/rep scheme to squat with lighter weights for more volume.

If all else fails, I can just deadlift for the next month until I can buy some of those $120 shipping squat stands.

7/1/10

PT today

~1 mile run and some stretches for a warm up
played soccer
~1 mile run

129 ammo can lifts in 2 mins
76 lifts in 1 minute

I did 5 real pull ups today too. super duper.

7/3/10

3.3 mile run in 27:42

notes: ~1 minute faster than last time

Pull ups
8, 6, 5, 5, 2

notes: found a pull up bar after my run and did 8 real pull ups!

bench press
3x5 155

notes: keep losing my arch because my lower back tightens up and hurts like hell until i let the arch go

squats
1x2 245
1x3 205

notes: my legs and lower back were exhausted going into this workout and when i tried to squat nothing wanted to go. found an easier way to squat with the rack though. if I can’t do well on monday I will switch up my lifting to squat even less :confused:

7/5/10

Strict press
1x5 120lbs
2x4 120lbs

Inverted Row with feet lowered
10, 7, 7

notes:lowered feet so i could pull with my back instead of arms

deadlifts
3x5 255

notes: doing deadlifts in place of squats makes a lot of sense since I have shitty equipment at the moment. Ill do good mornings on saturday and something light on wednesdays. probably throw in some ab stuff to balance it out a little better and get better at crunches for the IST.

BB curls
9, 7, 6, 6 at 75lbs

notes: tendinitis or whatever acting up

7/7/10

Grip training
6, 4, 3, 3, 3 with #1

Bench Press
3x5 145

notes: put a towel on the bar so I wasn’t in pain, it helped a lot. I was able to pause

Pull ups
5x3

notes: my forearms were tired from the grip training i think they impacted this

fucked around with some light good mornings and front squats to see what i can do with this equipment

Found out thursday PT is changed to friday now so Ill need to figure out how to reschedule things, ill probably back off on the lifting so I can go harder on the running :confused:

7/9/10

PT today
ran the same 3.3 mile course, stopped a lot to do squad push ups and stuff like that. had relay sprints at the end. kind of tough PT

indulged the fat kid in me and ate a chocolate sundae after. feels good.

7/10/10

Strict Press
5, 3, 3, 2, 2 at 125

Inverted row(low legs)
13, 9, 8

notes: made sure to use my back, should I be squeezing my shoulder blades when my chest touches the bar?

No leg stuff today, might do leg lifts circuit so I get better at that. Holding my fat legs up is tough so it will be well needed. Just going to do deadlifts once a week for full body lifts until I can order a squat stand. Once I get the squat stand Ill do Bcbasketball’s routine.

7/11/10

Pull ups
4x10 assisted

notes: just working on initiating the pull with my back