Pot

[quote]imhungry wrote:
what.the.fuck

WHY?[/quote]

Hardest thing to do in sports.

[quote]drugfree wrote:
Weed today is for the most part no more potent than weed backin the 60’s was. That is a myth that was caused from when weed was confiscated by police a long time ago it sat in evidence rooms for years and years before it was tested and of course the thc content will be drastically lower if the shit is stale. That statement is about as silly as saying roses in the 60’s didn’t smell as good as the roses of today.[/quote]

Let me interject here without reading the rest of the thread; Does anybody really want to take the opinion of “drugfree” on this issue? Subjective bias? -.-

Digging up 10 year old threads is an effect of weed addiction and unemployment.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Digging up 10 year old threads is an effect of weed addiction and unemployment.[/quote]

LMFAO!!

problem?

[quote]dman wrote:
actually dude, theres 2 sides to the potency issues. One side is the onel ike you just said where they comapare good weed from today to dirt weed from mexico… But on the other hand they did certainly have hash back then but nowadays the top notch hydro often matches hash in thc % per gram and theres no real doubt in my mind that with decades of growers towing around w/ breeding, potency has improved somewhat.[/quote]
Hard to believe it is more potent than a generation ago. Back then, folks that were selling it often would “cut” it with different additives. Also, could be more gov propaganda…reefer madness, the gateway drug phenomenon, and so on, B.S.

You guys really do not understand the genetics going on in cannabis cloning today do you… Weed today is VASTLY different from weed generations ago. It is one of the most RAPIDLY changing plants on the planet do to HUGE amounts of selective cloning and breading going on around the entire globe. In recent times, It has diversified more than any other species on the planet.

That said if you enjoy it, go for it - I do not see it having an impact on your body building goals any more than a beer would. And its metabolism definitely would have no impact on any “supplements” you take. As with any drug though, self control is the common goal. Potheads, alcoholics, and crackheads alike all are going to struggle pursuing any of their other goals. Limiting necessities should be a life goal for everybody - and pot is definitely something you do not want to make necessary for your daily function.

Just to add my 2cents - Weed is without a doubt more potent than it was in the past. Does this mean that it is more dangerous? - NO. In fact, I would argue the opposite. Lots of dope today is " one hit shit " meaning that often ONE good bong hit is all you need (maybe not to get totally blitzed but at least a 7or8 /10). This means that you can smoke a lot less to achieve the same effect. This makes the weed much safer as you’re now inhaling a lot less carcinogenic smoke.

Like the above poster has said - If you understand how weed is grown you would readily admit it would have to have gotten stronger. Growers take the best strains and continuously interbreed ONLY THE BEST PLANTS making the plants stronger and stronger. Think about domesticated fruit and how it has changed over the last 200 years.

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:

[quote]dman wrote:

Hard to believe it is more potent than a generation ago. Back then, folks that were selling it often would “cut” it with different additives. Also, could be more gov propaganda…reefer madness, the gateway drug phenomenon, and so on, B.S.[/quote]

This is a total myth. It makes absolutely no economic sense to cut weed.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

This is a total myth. It makes absolutely no economic sense to cut weed. [/quote]

JESUS CHRIST THANK YOU FOR THAT! Getting weed laced with anything other than maybe bug spray is like getting poisoned fucking Halloween candy… Only sick fucks do it and its not for profit and its VERY rare.

Bug spray is no good, but you can smell it from a mile away.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
Just to add my 2cents - Weed is without a doubt more potent than it was in the past. Does this mean that it is more dangerous? - NO. In fact, I would argue the opposite. Lots of dope today is " one hit shit " meaning that often ONE good bong hit is all you need (maybe not to get totally blitzed but at least a 7or8 /10). This means that you can smoke a lot less to achieve the same effect. This makes the weed much safer as you’re now inhaling a lot less carcinogenic smoke.

Like the above poster has said - If you understand how weed is grown you would readily admit it would have to have gotten stronger. Growers take the best strains and continuously interbreed ONLY THE BEST PLANTS making the plants stronger and stronger. Think about domesticated fruit and how it has changed over the last 200 years. [/quote]

But how much has domesticated fruit changed in the last 30 years. I’d assume not that much. People have been smoking weed for thousands of years, and since then people have been trying to smoke better and better weed. After a couple of generations weed wouldn’t get too much more potent. I think that the only way weed could be any stronger would be because of better growing techniques, not because of selective breeding.

[quote]lemonman456 wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

Like the above poster has said - If you understand how weed is grown you would readily admit it would have to have gotten stronger. Growers take the best strains and continuously interbreed ONLY THE BEST PLANTS making the plants stronger and stronger. Think about domesticated fruit and how it has changed over the last 200 years. [/quote]
But how much has domesticated fruit changed in the last 30 years. I’d assume not that much. People have been smoking weed for thousands of years, and since then people have been trying to smoke better and better weed. After a couple of generations weed wouldn’t get too much more potent. I think that the only way weed could be any stronger would be because of better growing techniques, not because of selective breeding.[/quote]

edit: nvm…

heroes brah

Pot butter FTW

Unless you’ve never had a seed pop while taking a toke you have no idea the heart attack inducing effect old columbian gold had lol. It was annoying as fuck getting them seeds out before you could roll one. Kids these days got it easy I tell ya’. The joints we rolled back then were huge because they had to be. Once in a while somebody would score some really good shit from an older brother or sister but for the most part it was crap compared to today imo.

No seeds today, therefore the weed now is safer…and better.

I’d be more worried about weed or hash oil. Both of which are rare to see now unless you really look for it. I shudder to think of all the bottle tokes, bucket tokes etc I did when I was younger and what affect it might have on my health now. Literally thousands lol. A friend of mine used to buy contact C capsules, empty them out and drip weed oil into them then swallow them to get a body buzz lol, guy was nuts. You knew the degree of cut in the oil by how much it crackled and bubbled when it hit the heater of your cigarette. What it was cut with was anybodys guess.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

But how much has domesticated fruit changed in the last 30 years. I’d assume not that much. People have been smoking weed for thousands of years, and since then people have been trying to smoke better and better weed. After a couple of generations weed wouldn’t get too much more potent. I think that the only way weed could be any stronger would be because of better growing techniques, not because of selective breeding.[/quote]

Some truth to this yes. I think the difference here is that very stringent selective breeding has only become common place(with marijuana) as of recent(I could be wrong though…). To illustrate - Today there is a “cannabis cub” where growers come from around the world to compete and see who has the best dope, this is the modern marijuana culture; it’s competitive You’re definitely right in that growing techniques also play a massive role. Todays grower has his lights on a timer(on a specific schedule), knows the PH and salinity of his water and soil, feeds a very regimented, carefully selected, nutrient solution, pumps CO2 into the room, looks at the trichomes under a microscope to ensure a harvest at max potency etc … You get the idea, the science has come a long way and this translates into better plants.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

Some truth to this yes. I think the difference here is that very stringent selective breeding has only become common place(with marijuana) as of recent(I could be wrong though…). To illustrate - Today there is a “cannabis cub” where growers come from around the world to compete and see who has the best dope, this is the modern marijuana culture; it’s competitive You’re definitely right in that growing techniques also play a massive role. Todays grower has his lights on a timer(on a specific schedule), knows the PH and salinity of his water and soil, feeds a very regimented, carefully selected, nutrient solution, pumps CO2 into the room, looks at the trichomes under a microscope to ensure a harvest at max potency etc … You get the idea, the science has come a long way and this translates into better plants.
[/quote]

Your from B.C. so I trust your judgement in these matters lol. It has come along way. Did you ever read about the growing operation in the old Molsens brewery near Toronto a few years back? Hilarious, talk about right under the cops nose and in plain site.

I remember a dude who used to grow his in soil loaded with fish guts and lettuce, best dope around but he hoarded it to himself the asshole.

personally i dont buy into it but a few of my training partners have claimed smoking weed helped them to bulk because of the munchies they always had. i saw a decline in their workouts and motivation, so i wouldnt say its worth it

[quote]BarDown72 wrote:
personally i dont buy into it but a few of my training partners have claimed smoking weed helped them to bulk because of the munchies they always had. i saw a decline in their workouts and motivation, so i wouldnt say its worth it[/quote]

Your training partners are lazy.

I know a couple of stoners who lift an assload. I’ve squatted 705, one guy squatted 800, and the third, 1003.

Pretty sure the 1003 guy was actually high when he did it.

And yeah, there’s nothing like smoking after the gym then eating a burrito and a few tacos… then taking a nap.

I even smoke before the gym on occasion, now. Awesome workouts.