T Nation

Posture and Digestion

Thib,

As far as you know, can chronically poor posture end up having a noticeable impact on digestion? My training partner posed that question to me yesterday, and I didn;t have a sufficient answer for him, so I thought it would be worthwhile to get your take on it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The only thing I’ve ever heard of (though I’ve never personally researched myself) was that chronically poor posture may lead to pinched nerves - especially when said issue leads to scoliosis - and as nerves have various functions around the body, it’s feasible that a misfired nerve could lead to so issues in the GI tract.

BBB will be able to give you a more definitive answer, though.

By the way, BBB, what did you study in school and what is your current profession? I remember reading you just became licensed in something, but I can’t remember what it was exactly, and you seem very very knowledgeable about the body.

BT

only person ive heard this “theory” from is my mum… and i always dismissed it as a old wives tale

Could you PM it to me?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
By the way, BBB, what did you study in school and what is your current profession? I remember reading you just became licensed in something, but I can’t remember what it was exactly, and you seem very very knowledgeable about the body.

BT

I typed out an answer but then decided I didn’t want to hijack this thread.

BBB[/quote]