Posterior Pelvic Tilt

Hey guys,
So here’s the deal: I have a posterior pelvic tilt (overpowering abs, tight hamstrings/glutes and a weak lower back). Probably because of the improper amounts of abdominal training I did when I started out. Fortunately,it isn’t that severe. For the past 3-4 weeks I’ve been doing a lot more quad and lower back work while foam rolling and regularly stretching my abs, hamstrings and glutes.

I still don’t see much of an improvement, any suggestions? I also noticed my lower back tends to round in the bottom ranges of the squat and deadlift.

Anyways, have a nice day
Any suggestions is much appreciated.

–Mond

Think more like months…not weeks. It usually takes twice as long as it took to create the imbalance to correct it.

Depending on how severe it is, I would train the antagonist (the weaker muscle) at a ratio of 2:1 at least compared to the frequency of training for the dominant muscle.

If your abs are stronger, work your posterior chain (glutes, hams, lower back) twice as often.

If your tilt is SEVERE, start at a ratio of 3:1. Also, stretch the shit out of your posterior chain, like 3 days a week. And if you ever do soft tissue work (foam roller, tennis balls, ART) make sure to ice the muscles for 15 min at a time, preferably 2-3 times that day.

It will take a while…