chest: 42
waist:32
calves:16
upper legs: 22

bench: 1RM 220
Deadlift: 260 1RM
Squat: (no squat rack) So I’m currently doing 145lb x 10
Overhead press: 1RM 160

I’m well proportioned right now, but I’m lacking thickness especially on the upper half of my body. I attribute it to not having worked out for a year and only being back into it since January.
I’m also a lot weaker than I was, however I’m working towards getting my strength up right now so hypertrophy has taken a bit of a backseat. I know I need more size but there’s no way I’m going to do it with those numbers.

-BLF[/quote]

Is this a joke?[/quote]
I don’t think it is.

No rack? Do front squats. And what’s stopping you from back squatting 160x100?

Also, join a gym or build a rack.

5’5"

Blond hair
Green eyes
Sagittarius
Heterosexual
I like art, iron sports, the beach
Married
1 child

5’7"
Too light
Lifts: yes

Turn ons - Beer, running, weight training, body modifications, and long walks on the beach

Turn offs - Transvestites sometimes

BF% - Who cares

i want to see some vids of all these people deadlifting over 500lbs. not being a jerk or anything but with the quality of the threads being posted lately, it might renew my faith in T-Nation.

500lb deadlift isn’t that shocking of a lift.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
500lb deadlift isn’t that shocking of a lift.[/quote]

i didnt say it was shocking but it is better than average and definitely better than you see in most commercial gyms.

True. That being said, a lot of guys in this forum seem to have long arms/are taller…
Being built for deadlifts or not makes a huge difference in how quickly you can get there.
Guys like hulk-whateverhisnamewas pull 500 after a year or likely less. Others take way longer and really have to work their way up from 135.

[quote]actionboy wrote:

i didnt say it was shocking but it is better than average and definitely better than you see in most commercial gyms.[/quote]

I dunno what commercial gyms are like in your area… But save for the very first gym I joined (which closed down 3 years ago or so unfortunately), and the one Markus Ruehl owns… I’ve never been to a gym in Germany where people did deadlifts at all. Or moved more than 225 on a pressing exercise…

Commercial gyms don’t provide much perspective when it comes to the results of serious trainees imo.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]actionboy wrote:

i didnt say it was shocking but it is better than average and definitely better than you see in most commercial gyms.[/quote]

I dunno what commercial gyms are like in your area… But save for the very first gym I joined (which closed down 3 years ago or so unfortunately), and the one Markus Ruehl owns… I’ve never been to a gym in Germany where people did deadlifts at all. Or moved more than 225 on a pressing exercise…

Commercial gyms don’t provide much perspective when it comes to the results of serious trainees imo.

[/quote]

touche.

If these lifts are legit, are there seriously that many people out there with the same 1-rep max on both the bench and squat? I don’t think that my bench has ever been within 75 pounds of my squat…

[quote]actionboy wrote:

[/quote]

^^this is 100% true. I work out at Golds Gym san diego and have only seen one person EVER lift more than I’ve lifted there. My numbers arent great but 405x3 on squat, 335x3 on bench and 425x3 on DL. I have never seen anyone DL anything over 365 maybe?

There is one guy at my gym who is huge and used to powerlift who had a 500lb bench that is strong as shit. He had an injury and no longer powerlifts and has started to BB. He’s the only guy i’ve seen consistently lift more than i do which is kinda sorry IMO. I’ve seen him rep out 405 on close stance squat like it was nothing. He’s the strongest guy at my gym by far but besides him i’ve never seen anyone squat a legit 315 for reps?

[quote]SetItOnFire wrote:
If these lifts are legit, are there seriously that many people out there with the same 1-rep max on both the bench and squat? I don’t think that my bench has ever been within 75 pounds of my squat…[/quote]

My bench (closer than average grip) used to be 20+ kilos over my squat for a long time, and pretty much at the same level as my deadlift.

Changed later on as I figured out what technique and so on worked for me on those lifts, but yeah. I’m also more built to bench than squat.

It happens.

Leverages, technique and such can throw the numbers off big time, not just people not training the lifts hard or whatever.

Plus popular programs like starting strength seem to be inefficient for the bench (and mil press /upper body in general) if you ask me… At least that’s what I see when looking at people’s SS logs and results. Even guys doing well on such programs are usually far better in the squat (and to a degree at least the deadlift) than the bench, which often lags ridiculously far behind. Or maybe they all have long arms and short legs and torsos, I dunno.

Plus popular programs like starting strength seem to be inefficient for the bench (and mil press /upper body in general) if you ask me… At least that’s what I see when looking at people’s SS logs and results. Even guys doing well on such programs are usually far better in the squat (and to a degree at least the deadlift) than the bench, which often lags ridiculously far behind. Or maybe they all have long arms and short legs and torsos, I dunno.
[/quote]

Dunno mate. TBH whenever I have read your posts you sound like you have experienced unusually fantastic pressing progress which skews your discussion of numbers! For example, Exrx advanced standards for my bw are 289, 387, 457 for b/s/dl which is around the typical ratios I see for people training at least partly for strengh.

FWIW, even against these standards, I am ahead on the s/dl and lag on the bench. I wondered whether this is because without a regular spotter, I can push the s/dl comparatively harder to total failure. I then realised as a kid I was sometimes called “tree-trunks” due to naturally thick legs and played years of Rugby/Judo which only exercised the upper body for drinking…

[quote]actionboy wrote:

true that

I can do Shake Weight for 3 minutes, 1RM.

True. That being said, a lot of guys in this forum seem to have long arms/are taller…
Being built for deadlifts or not makes a huge difference in how quickly you can get there.
Guys like hulk-whateverhisnamewas pull 500 after a year or likely less. Others take way longer and really have to work their way up from 135.

[/quote]

I am a living embodiment of that fact. It took me around 8 months before I was deadlifting in the 500 region.

But stick me on the bench press and… well lol.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
5’5"

Blond hair
Green eyes
Sagittarius
Heterosexual
Married
1 child
[/quote]

All these years and I thought you were actually a dwarf lol

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
5’5"

Blond hair
Green eyes
Sagittarius
Heterosexual
Married
1 child
[/quote]

All these years and I thought you were actually a dwarf lol[/quote]

His description sounds like he’s describing his wife… even more so that he mentioned his star sign lol. No offence id but, 5’5 blonde hair, green eyes you sound like a hot girl lol!

5’10.8’’ (180cm) x 235lb (106kg),
48/50size paints EC/34 USA,
skorpio&etero,
big neck and head,big bones,
bad and ugly face,
hate silicone titted women,
long torso and short arms/legs,

benched years ago 300 x reps with flat chest,now my tits are bombing because I use lighters loads and no more flat bench (decline for ever).
did 800lb plus at leg press for 8 reps (before fucking the knees because of the fucking american football,LOL),
DL 220kg (490lb),
pulldowns; all the plates of the machine.
chest press; like above.
bb curl; 90lbx8 (hate cheating and biceps is small muscle so why use a big weight).
don’t like to train in the gym; too much noise and waste of time.
can eat 3.5lb of south italian buffalo mozzarella in 5 minutes.

hope it helps.