Post Your Own Strong Words

Bonus points if they’re from a bodybuilder/ strength athlete. Except anything from “Pumping Iron” doesn’t count because we could all quote that.

Here’s mine:

"I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way - I hope it never will. "

• The One and Only: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Momma say they was my magic shoes. They could take me anywhere. – Gump

I think I can

• The Little Engine Who Could

Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard

“The exemplary person pursues harmony not sameness.” - Confucius

That sums up how I decide on what goals to achieve next.

I’m sick of hearing about the have’s and the have not’s
Have some personal accountability

Don’t try to tell me how some power can corrupt a person!
You haven’t had enough to know what its like
You’re only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head because you know that I’m right…alright!

Trent Reznor “Capital G”

I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and doggone it - people like me

Stuart Smalley

“Either way, it comes down to this; I would not take advice or even listen to some guy who doesn’t look like he works out. I would not listen to what some guy with 14” arms had to say about biceps training. I would not listen to what some guy who weighed 300lbs of obesity had to say about dieting. I would not listen to what some guy who could only bench press the bar had to say about building a big chest or handling a lot of weight in that exercise.

Sure, you could argue that somewhere there may be some guy who exists who doesn’t look the part but happens to be Hercules, but let’s not pretend like it is such a frequent occurrence that I need to be on the look out for tiny little super-experienced Smurfs. "

Professor X

“Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

Thomas Edison

“Stick it in her pooper.”

DB

“Age and treachery can always overcome youth and skill”

Rugby saying

“Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.”
-Charles Lindbergh

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will.”
-Gandhi

“May you live all the days of your life.”
-Jonathan Swift

“I play the guitar because it lets me dream out loud.”
-Michael Hedges

“I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience and compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”
-Lao-Tzu

“Man is a god in ruins.”
-Emerson

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:

DB[/quote]

Shit! For second there this thread remained on topic.

Last time I try to be serious and offer inspiration…

[quote]Spry wrote:
BodyBldgBabe wrote:

DB

Shit! For second there this thread remained on topic.

Last time I try to be serious and offer inspiration…
[/quote]

Oh come on, that was funny!!!

Okay, so maybe it was just funny to me. Its 2am where I’m at, I’ve worked 16hrs, and I’m delarious right now!! Everything seems funny!! :wink:

One more funny one and I promise I’m going to sleep…

“This thread is worthless without pictures.”

Renton and every other guy on T-Nation

(Seriously…read this again at 2am and you’ll laugh! I promise, you will!!!)

;D

A bit long…

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt

“Hey Hey Hey…smoke weed everyday” No clue

“Sky’s blue, water’s wet, and women have secrets” Joe Hallenback

[quote]BodyBldgBabe wrote:

DB[/quote]

end of thread

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
“Hey Hey Hey…smoke weed everyday” No clue
[/quote]

Nate Dogg…