Post Your Obamacare Story

Cue the government bailout of the insurance companies…money has to come from somewhere.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Cue the government bailout of the insurance companies…money has to come from somewhere.

[/quote]

There is a provision which allows states to raise their own taxes to accommodate any shortfall they might face in the state exchanges.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Cue the government bailout of the insurance companies
[/quote]

As if mandating every citizen BUY particular insurance from them isn’t already a bailout/mega kickback.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:

Basic economics does not escape me I paid $500 for XY now I pay $192 for XYZ its just a better deal.
[/quote]

Dude, in the honest and sincere way, thank you for this post.

I belly laugh every time I read. I really appreciate it, and no I’m not being a dick.

Do you mean economics escapes me because when I go to use it they wont take it or charge me double? Kinda like a bait and switch? Hence costing me the same or more as the past? If that?s the case I cant say wont have a chance to use it till May. I?ll chime back in then and let you know if it does. If this program sucks Ill be the first to say so, as insurance companys IME all suck and never pay for shit

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Do you mean economics escapes me because when I go to use it they wont take it or charge me double? Kinda like a bait and switch? Hence costing me the same or more as the past? If that?s the case I cant say wont have a chance to use it till May. I?ll chime back in then and let you know if it does. If this program sucks Ill be the first to say so, as insurance companys IME all suck and never pay for shit[/quote]

They are not saying it directly, but they are bitching about the fact the program lacks cost controls and doesn’t change the cost of the underlying services; it is subsidized for some, which is why it is cheaper for some. In other words, their basic complaint is that it is only better for you because some other taxpayers are footing your bill.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
I’m not being a dick. [/quote]

Maybe not intentionally, but I think dancing around the issue when its clear there is a disconnect between the two of you seems unnecessarily obtuse.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

Maybe not intentionally, but I think dancing around the issue when its clear there is a disconnect between the two of you seems unnecessarily obtuse.
[/quote]

Okay, fine. Yes I’m being a dick.

But you are correct about the subsidy.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[/quote]

Okay, fine. Yes I’m being a dick.

But you are correct about the subsidy.

[/quote]

I was just busting your balls a little. :slight_smile:

A self-proclaimed Obamacare supporter who received health insurance from the New Jersey Obamacare exchange has had her coverage turned down an extraordinary 96 times, according to an op-ed in Ebony.

?As a proud new beneficiary of the Affordable Health Care Act, I?d like to report that I am doctorless,? Danielle Kimberly declared Wednesday in the online magazine, which has traditionally supported the health care law. ?Ninety-six is the number of soul crushing rejections that greeted me as I attempted to find one.?

Kathleen Sebelius resigns

Good riddance, but it is irrelevant anyways. Repeal is over and Obamacare is here to stay in some way shape or form. No one is actively trying to repeal it now anyways. Maybe some type of reform push will happen, but the big fight is officially done.

[quote]H factor wrote:
Good riddance, but it is irrelevant anyways. Repeal is over and Obamacare is here to stay in some way shape or form. No one is actively trying to repeal it now anyways. Maybe some type of reform push will happen, but the big fight is officially done. [/quote]

Yup.

Unfortunately I think you are correct. Hopefully we can peal back some of the bullshit, but government is involved in everyone’s health insurance for good now.

The math doesn’t add up for 7.1 million…

http://news.investors.com/politics-obamacare/041014-696688-obamacare-march-enrollment-signups-data-surprise.htm

“My insurance is pretty useless,” 35-year-old new Los Angeles mother Ruth Iorio told HuffPo. “I don’t know what to do. I may just drop it for myself and keep my son on it. It’s really depressing.”

Iorio says her Obamacare plan is worthless because after over a dozen calls, she still cannot find doctors who accept her Obamacare plan who are also practicing in a hospital that accepts her coverage. Prior to buying through the California Obamacare exchange Iorio had an individual Blue Shield plan that cost less and covered a wide array of doctors and hospitals. Iorio’s plan is so bad that after giving birth to her son she learned her Obamacare plan did not cover her UCLA ob-gyn, forcing her to pay out of pocket.

“I’m paying $500 a month and every doctor I’m calling is saying, ‘No, I can’t see you,’” said Iorio.

Every time you try to get out they pull you back in

Vermont’s Single-Payer Dream is Taxpayer Nightmare

“Although Act 48 required Vermont to create a single-payer system by 2017, the state hasn?t drafted a bill spelling out how to raise the additional $1.6 billion a year (based on the state’s estimate) the system needs. The state collected only $2.7 billion in tax revenue in fiscal year 2012, so that’s a vexingly large sum to scrape together.”

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-04-11/vermont-s-single-payer-dream-is-taxpayer-nightmare?cmpid=yhoo

Medical Homelessness

California Obamacare enrollees are struggling to find doctors who accept their newly purchased health insurance plans.

UCSF Dr. Kevin Grumbach calls the phenomenon “medical homelessness.”

CBS San Francisco says that many of the health care clinics for low-income individuals that helped people enroll in Obamacare are now seeing those same people “coming back to the clinic begging for help.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/04/22/Obamacare-Spawning-Medical-Homelessness-Crisis

A new Washington Post/ABC News poll finds that just 8% of Americans report lower health care costs because of Obamacare.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/29/Where-s-My-2-500-Just-8-Say-Obamacare-Lowered-Their-Health-Costs