Post Your Obamacare Story

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
And this illustrates the problem with socialized medicine. We are no longer citizens or individual with free agency, we’re liabilities. And if society is going to pick up the bill for my diabetes, then society is going to tell me I can no longer have 20oz Cokes. Or smoke. Or speed. Or skydive or rock climb. Or really do anything other than work so that the State my collect it’s taxes from me.[/quote]

Sounds like the Borg from Star Trek.

What if 0bamacare covers 100% of your costs yet no healthcare provider accepts it? Worthless. 0bamacare is not healthcare. It is insurance. That ugly truth still escapes most.

[quote]msw1959 wrote:
What if 0bamacare covers 100% of your costs yet no healthcare provider accepts it?[/quote]

I could see a scenario where doctors would be legally compelled to accept these patients and healthcare would finally be codified as a right.

At that point, the only thing left to do is for doctors to close their practices and head for Ouray, CO.

[quote]msw1959 wrote:
What if 0bamacare covers 100% of your costs yet no healthcare provider accepts it?[/quote]

I could see a scenario where doctors would be legally compelled to accept these patients and healthcare would finally be codified as a right.

At that point, the only thing left to do is for doctors to close their practices and head for Ouray, CO.
[/quote]

So you’re saying that the number of doctors could very well decrease as the numbers of people seeking healthcare increases ?

and head for Ouray, CO.
[/quote]

I have spent a ton of time there…it is amazing.

The hot springs are unreal.

Three senior House Democrats are pleading with the Obama administration to bend the Obamacare rules to prevent their constituents and millions of Americans from being hit with Obamacare tax penalties.

Time to pay the piper.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Three senior House Democrats are pleading with the Obama administration to bend the Obamacare rules to prevent their constituents and millions of Americans from being hit with Obamacare tax penalties.

Time to pay the piper.

[/quote]

Sorry folks, but you made this shit sandwich, and people voted for it.

Eat up fuckers.

Enjoy it. I’ve been paying out my ass for years…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Time to pay the piper.

[/quote]

Sorry folks, but you made this shit sandwich, and people voted for it.

Eat up fuckers.

Enjoy it. I’ve been paying out my ass for years… [/quote]

Was this tax or penalty also a part of Romneycare ?

44% of Covered California customers report difficulty paying premiums

Recently, Breitbart News broke the story last week that major insurers in a number of states were proposing up to 51 percent healthcare premium increases for Obamacare policies. Now Illinois and Pennsylvania are also seeking 2016 rate hikes in the range of 30 percent.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Here’s an Obamacare story for you:

UnitedHealth CEO regrets entering ObamaCare

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/261617-unitedhealth-ceo-regrets-entering-obamacare-marketplace[/quote]
Half a billion sounds bad, but its split over 8 quarters so thats really only 62.5 mill per quarter. They can handle a little loss for such a great cause!
Totally kidding. This should get interesting quickly.

Obviously the solution is single payer…

To keep this short I’ll just use the cliffs:

-I lost my job as a senior clinical neurophysiologist
-found a new job (luckily) but had to take a fat pay cut because the doctors don’t make money anymore
-my new job was much more difficult due to dealing with the new plans
-my old insurance plan was discontinued because it didnt meet ACA standards of maternity care even though my wife has no uterus and I am a male
-my company’s group premium skyrocketed and I was no longer able to afford insurance for me or for my family
-even if I was able to afford the new plan, I wouldn’t have been able to use it because I would have had a $5K deductible
-I am now going to school for something else that pays better because, apparently, providing care to pts with neuromuscular diseases is no longer financially viable
-FUCK OBAMA, FUCK SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE AND FUCK ACA

1 Like

I will guarentee you the insurance companies were instrumental in writing the law. And how does the majority of the world make it with some form of a single-payor system? With costs over 2 times as much as anywhere else in the world without even having the best outcomes and being the number 1 reason for bankruptcy in this country. Please explain why we should hold on to this disgrace.[quote=“Loftearmen, post:1085, topic:194349, full:true”]
To keep this short I’ll just use the cliffs:

-I lost my job as a senior clinical neurophysiologist
-found a new job (luckily) but had to take a fat pay cut because the doctors don’t make money anymore
-my new job was much more difficult due to dealing with the new plans
-my old insurance plan was discontinued because it didnt meet ACA standards of maternity care even though my wife has no uterus and I am a male
-my company’s group premium skyrocketed and I was no longer able to afford insurance for me or for my family
-even if I was able to afford the new plan, I wouldn’t have been able to use it because I would have had a $5K deductible
-I am now going to school for something else that pays better because, apparently, providing care to pts with neuromuscular diseases is no longer financially viable
-FUCK OBAMA, FUCK SOCIALIZED HEALTHCARE AND FUCK ACA
[/quote]

Oh, absolutely. Reimbursements for electroneurophysiologic diagnostic tests were cut 70%! ALL the little guys went out of business immediately. It also ushered in a new system of Dx codes called ICD-10. This was obviously done to add to the complexity of submitting claims because the old system worked just fine but was very straight forward and simple. With a gigantic and complex coding system that no one has experience with, it is much easier to deny payments on the premise of an inappropriate diagnosis code. The worst part about this is that it has worked really well. Dr’s are having to hire extra billers just to appeal all of the denied claims. However, the BIGGEST giveaway that the insurance companies had a roll in writing this law is that they are now allowed to kick you out of your contract (as a physician or facility) if they think you are billing too many procedures. They can also hold payments for up to a year if they need to “audit you”. ACA just gave the insurance companies and government more power and took power away from the citizens.

Higher taxes, smaller populations, fewer freeloaders, and in many cases healthier populations, just to name a few reasons.

I’m pretty sure the three big government entitlement programs, two of which are essentially single payer healthcare systems, are the reason this country is bankrupt. Your solution is an even broader single payer system, that makes sense…

I don’t think anyway is for this.

When insurance companies were for this healthcare law, when it was supposed to put them out of business, is when it was clear this was a steaming turd.

It actually is starting to put them out of business because the federal funding isn’t what they thought it would be. UHC and Aetna released statements about dropping ACA plans in the past month.