Post Your Homemade Sleds

thinking of making one, with a tire because i do not know many other ways and i want the cheapest one.
i ran into trouble pretty quick since tires are pretty light unless i manage to get a massive one, which i do not know how. i also thought about filling it with cement, filling a cardboard box with cement and putting a metal sheet under it. not very experienced in making a standard sled since i have no exp in metal working.

post pics or comment on your experience with making one!

If I were you, I would find a welder with some scrap 1/4 steel, 1-2" rod(depending on standard or olympic plates used) and have him make you one up for less than 50 bucks.

In addition, you can have him weld on two extra handles in front in case you want to make it a prowler type sled as well!!!

I’ll post mine in a day or so when I get pics. Total cost with friend being a welder= 20 bucks!!!

cool stuff-0 looking forward to seeing it!

dude.

Rope
Skid

Tie rope to skid. Put shit on skid. Drag. Gets the job done.

If you’re dragging for distance - say, a mile - you’ll be surprised by the degree of difficulty of just the tire, or you can always throw in 10 or 25 plate. I put my 36 kg kettlebell in the first time i went out for a walk and made it less than 100 yards before I thought “no way am I making it the whole way with this” and stashed the kb in the bushes to pick up on my return.

If you’re only dragging for short distances just lay 45s on top of one another and drag

Put a wooden frame inside the tire and fill it with rocks or store your sandbags inside the tire.

TNT

Oops, I didn’t notice this thread already up and resurrected an old one… sorry!

I posted a link on how to build all kinds of strongman equipment in the other sled thread.

[quote]gainera2582 wrote:
If I were you, I would find a welder with some scrap 1/4 steel, 1-2" rod(depending on standard or olympic plates used) and have him make you one up for less than 50 bucks.

In addition, you can have him weld on two extra handles in front in case you want to make it a prowler type sled as well!!!

I’ll post mine in a day or so when I get pics. Total cost with friend being a welder= 20 bucks!!!

[/quote]

need a pic,i have a friend who welds and it would help out alot