Post Workout: Whole Foods or Drink a Protein Shake?

Having to tap into body fat stores to fuel a weightlifting workout is not something I consider ideal. I either want to keep the muscle I have, or build additional muscle and if I’m looking to have a stab at my body fat stores I’ll do that during another time of the day or on a non-weightlifting day.

I get that…I was just answering his question with one reason one may wanna postpone post w/o nutrition.

I would do a protein shake with a carb source like kids cereal, to replenish your glycogen levels. Then you could eat a meal with whole food 1.5-2 hours later

1 Like

I do similar have whey iso shake with kids cereal or bagels+jam pre/post workout or both times then just have a normal well balanced meal without stress later on after 2-3hrs. Easy on digestion for me, tasty and does the job. Also to mention that I’m doing this on a cut without any problems and am sub 10% bf easy. Been doing “clean” foods for more then 13 years, decided to experiement the last 3 and oh boy I found some nice and cool stuff that goes against the conventional wisdom:)

Regards,
Bel.

Usually, just a protein shake. If I still have time, I will cook tuna or chicken.