Post workout shake

Question:
What would be a good post workout shake ratio between protein and carbohydrate (CHO)?

I have only really done whey but bought some dextrose to add. Right now I am starting with a 1:1 (35g protein:36g dextrose) ratio. I have whey isolate so there is only 0.5g CHO per 35g scoop and 31g protein.

I am also doing the above pre-workout with 5g creatine. Just wondering what others thoughts are. I am just going to experience first to see how it goes for me but maybe other members will add their experience as well as others benefiting from this post.

Thanks,
Fuzz

Something about a woman with a sleeve is sooooooo sexy…

1:2 ratio protein to carbs.

Awesome ratio of sexy women:questions

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
Awesome ratio of sexy women:questions [/quote]

My .02, i prefer a roughly 1:2 ratio, depending on the difficulty and length of training and the sources of prot/carbs. I typically much prefer a pre/during shake. Much better fuel. I have not gone back to a post workout shake in over 3 years, voluntarily at least.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

I am also doing the above pre-workout with 5g creatine.
Fuzz[/quote]
Can anyone comment on the necessity of doing fit women pre-workout? Also, is creatine required?

[quote]Silyak wrote:

Fuzz[/quote]
Can anyone comment on the necessity of doing fit women pre-workout? Also, is creatine required?[/quote]

Yes. And make sure the woman is taking creatine as well.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
Awesome ratio of sexy women:questions [/quote]

My .02, i prefer a roughly 1:2 ratio, depending on the difficulty and length of training and the sources of prot/carbs. I typically much prefer a pre/during shake. Much better fuel. I have not gone back to a post workout shake in over 3 years, voluntarily at least.[/quote]

Yeah I read a post by Stu mentioning how it takes a time to digest those nutrients anyways so it would make sense on that standpoint to just have a pre/during. However, I think post shake has to do with recovery in after hours of training. Many things I have read and heard were all about the insulin spike post workout etc etc.

Had to put mandatory hot woman pic. I follow T-Nation posting rules. Tattoos are sexy addition on any woman.

That’s cool. I was just talking bout thw question. For my money it ia infinitely better, did the post woekout shake for years before switching, i won’t switvh back if i dont have to

[quote]Silyak wrote:

Fuzz[/quote]
Can anyone comment on the necessity of doing fit women pre-workout? Also, is creatine required?[/quote]

depends if shes making sammichs

I can’t stand tats on chicks

It definitely depends on what your goals are. If its to get bigger, then I would recommend at least a 2:1 carb:protein ratio (i.e: 80 grams of carbs, 40 grams of whey). But even this is dependent on a lot of factors. If you have high bodyfat, you’d probably be better off using things like Glutamine in place of the carbs. Charles Poliquin has really gotten the post-workout shake down to a science, so i’d search that and see what he says. But generally, if you are trying to get bigger, post-workout carbs in fairly large amounts can really help.

does anyone have the studies to show that you should have a 1-2 ration of protein to carbs. i would like to see this really. just interested cause iv been training for a good 3 years and a bit now and i usualy have 50g protein and around 43 carbs