T Nation

Post Workout Shake?

Hey all, I’m planning on starting the V-Diet today, but I’m not sure what to have for the post workout shake. Thanks in advance.

Surge?

Well that’s a no brainer…

When you’re on a low carb regime you need to distribute your carbs at breakfast, before workout and after workout. Then if there are carbs left you can put it in other meals.

So…what do you need before a work-out :wink:

I don’t have Surge and I’m not planing on purchasing any. What other food(s) can I use post workout? I don’t want to screw the V-Diet plan up - or change my meals up - just simply what to have after a workout. Do I consume more casein? whey? What do I consume since this is a low cal, low carb, mostly liquid diet that won’t screw with the plan?

I might head to vitamin world later today and get fish oil, I may as well look for a post workout supp there - if nothing to my satisfaction or budget, maybe I’ll head over to GNC which is very close.

For the life of me I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t want to use Surge. That stuff is the best thing since sliced bread and by the time you’re done with the diet you’ll be looking forward to your workouts because you get rewarded with Surge.

But since you aren’t using Biotest supps for some reason I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to do the official version of the V-Diet just get the Surge.

I too am not sure why you are against Surge. Since you haven’t spent any money on anything yet, why not just get the Surge? It is cheaper than anything found at Vitamin World or GNC, and taste great.

As allenkt said, do it as it’s laid out, or it isn’t the same diet.

Surge. If you’re not going to buy the recommended products, I suggest you ask here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/category.jsp?categoryID=23&pageNo=1&s=forumsNavTop

This is the Velocity Diet forum, not the Low-Carb liquid Diet forum. Go away.

[quote]Jouho wrote:
I don’t want to screw the V-Diet plan up[/quote]

Too late.

I don’t understand, why don’t you want to buy Surge?

If you aren’t going to post V-Diet questions in the V-Diet forum, go to a different one…

Um, people do not have to do the official V-Diet by the book in order for it to be the V-Diet. And I have other products, I don’t care to get Surge as before I wanted to start soon rather than waiting for the product(s) to get to me; I’ve already started the diet. I’ll probably do just fine if I stick with the diet with the products I’ve been using. I do not need to use a bunch of Biotest products.

Thanks for the replies though. Adios.

[quote]Jouho wrote:
Um, people do not have to do the official v-diet by the book in order for it to be the v-diet. And I have other products, I don’t care to get Surge as before I wanted to start soon rather than waiting for the product(s) to get to me; I’ve already started the diet. I’ll probably do just fine if I stick with the diet with the products I’ve been using. I do not need to use a bunch of Biotest products.

Thanks for the replies though. Adios.[/quote]

You’re a moron.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2290794
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2165072

Read and absorb. The CREATOR of the diet has said only use the recommended products. If you aren’t, then you’re not on the V-Diet.

Jesus, why are you such an ass? I don’t care if the creator has said to only use certain products; I’ll use what I want. I’d rather have more positive comments/replies. I don’t want to start an internet war, haha.

Call what I’m doing a variation of the V-diet if you want; but don’t flame me for it. I don’t have to abide by “requirements” and such. Thanks for replying though…

No you don’t have to abide by requirements, but by not abiding by them you are not doing the V-Diet. So don’t call it the V-Diet.

In all honesty I don’t know why you wouldn’t use Biotest products (I manage a GNC and even with discounts Biotest still is cheaper).

Surge is better then pretty much any post-workout supp I’ve ever used and I’ve tried pretty much everything on the market. As far as best bang for your buck you can’t find better post workout shakes.

Also you’re not going to get many positive comments saying you are doing a diet when you aren’t and slightly knocking on Biotest supps when the whole site is put forth by them.

Scratch this post - I thought this was Supplements and Nutrition.

To the OP, if you aren’t going to follow the V-Diet as outlined, don’t post shit in this forum.

[quote]Jouho wrote:
Jesus, why are you such an ass?[/quote]

My mommy didn’t hug me enough as a child.

Then you should probably get of the Biotest owned site. I’m sure the mods can refund your membership fees.

I’m not really known for that.

Too late.

It’s not even remotely close to the V-Diet if your using different products. You’re on a low-carb liquid protein diet. Call it the J-Diet, and don’t post here, post in the Supplements & Nutrition section.

You’re welcome.

OP workin’ his V-Diet to a T.

Wow, what is up with you people. I don’t have to get off of a certain website just because I don’t buy their products.

And yes it is close to the V-Diet.

I can understand people thinking that I might give other people a negative approach and outlook on the V-Diet if MY variation doesn’t work, but it’s not the official V-Diet. I’m using other supplements and I’m fine with that.

It’s not like every person buys something EVERY time you go to amazon, ebay, or ANY other website that sells something.

Maybe I will end up using the ‘required’ supplements made by Biotest if I decide to do the OFFICIAL V-Diet after my VARIATION.

The reasons for me not using them might be;

1. I didn’t want to wait for the products to get to my house; I wanted to start the next day.
  2. Lack of funds, I already have other supps that I can use (which I am). --The products are similar.

I KNOW it’s not the official V-Diet, don’t need to flame me for it; don’t worry about me ruining the reputation of a diet I didn’t abide by as planned out by Shugart.

Thanks for the replies, but I’d rather read all positive rather than negative ones. Mostly, if not all, aimed towards Maka. Peace.

If you have other supps already then why ask what to use post workout? Also Biotest ships really quick. I’ve always gotten mine within 3-4 days of ordering and I use standard free shipping. So if I were you I’d just go ahead and get Surge since its the cheapest post-workout shake out there and tastes awesome. As far as other things post-workout get something with Hi-GI carbs + good amount of protein for post workout. It won’t have all the extra things that Surge has but it’ll be better then nothing.

Sidenote: The sooner you realize that people here are a bit harsh the better off you’ll be. Don’t take it to heart.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn’t mind use Metabolic Drive and Surge; but not for this time around.

I started the diet maybe the day after I started this thread, I didn’t want to wait; plus I’m not that great on funds for myself, haha.

Hm, I edited this post before, but I guess it didn’t go through… well, I started at what the scale showed to be 195.5, I checked this morning (day 3) and it showed 185.5. Hopefully I am able to get down to low 170’s.